The Plan

Before I go trudging into the Chaldiean prisoner camp, I needed a plan. I knew I couldn't rescue my family alone so I called up some of my friends from college. I had made some in case I needed help. Isn't that what friends are for? Anyway, back to the subject. After I told them about the situation, they agreed to help. On a Friday afternoon, I invited them over to devise a plan. One that wouldn't backfire.

"Ding, Dong!" went the door bell. I opened the door. It was Ruby, Anne, Sonia, Lily, Michael, and Oliver.

Me- Hi guys. Glad you made it.

Ruby- Sophia come on, lets get down to business. We have alot of work to do.

Anne- Yeah we do. Its not easy to rescue people that are prisoners in a enemy camp.

Sonia- Enough of the chit chat. Can we come in?

Me- Make yourselves at home.

We headed to the kitchen to brainstorm ideas.

Me- Ok guys. The Chaldieans are a smart group of people. I think we should disguise ourselves as one of them. Blend in you know. What do you think?

Lily- That's a good start, but I think we can go a little further with that. After we get into the camp with our disguuises, we split up into groups of 2. Ruby and Sonia, Me and Anne, and Michael and Oliver. Sophia will go alone.

Anne- Don't we need a map to know where we are heading?

Lily- Yes. Luckily I have a uncle in the Chaldiean army that gave me one as a birthday gift. We can use it as a guide.

Michael- Good. Is it up-to-date?

Lily- Yes. I got it this year.

Oliver- Did you bring it with you?

Lily- Its always in my purse. He told me to keep it with me at all times. That it might come in handy.

Me- Lily, your the best!

Michael- Ugh. Can we see the map now?

Lily took out the map from her purse. We all examined it closely.

Ruby- Alright guys, it seems like the prisoner camp is toward the north. Troops surround it 24/7.We will be in disguises so it would be easy for us to get in. Inside the prison camp, the prisoners are in cells in alphabetical order. That means that Sophia's family is in cell letter V. The prisoner's lunchtime is a 12:30. It lasts for 5 mins at a time for every 5 cells.

Sonia- I see....

Sonia was interupted by Oliver.

Oliver- How do you know all this from looking at a map?

Ruby- I don't .Sometimes. Lily and I visit her uncle. He just tells us this stuff whenever we're there. That's not important right now Oliver. Were you trying to say something Sonia?

Sonia- Yes I was. I see where you are going with your plan Ruby. While the rest of the prisoners in every 5 cells go to lunch. Sophia will go to cell V and rescue her family!

Me- If there is a guard there, I'll say the warden told them to take the day off. They'll give me the key to the cell and then I'll free my family!!!

Anne- Sophia, I know your excited and all, but you're forgetting one thing. How are you going to alert us when you have rescued your family so we can leave?

Oliver- We can call each other on our phones. How else would we alert each other? Bird sounds?

Michael- What if a guard asks about the call?

Ruby- Tell them the warden needs to speak with you immediately.

Sonia- How are we going to leave the camp? After all, its surrounded by acidic water. Therefore if a prisoner dares to escape by water, it will burn their skin off. They'll need something to lift them over the water so they wont get hurt.My aunt owns a hot air balloon. Do you guys wanna use it? Its the only form of transportation we can use for this situation.

Anne- Sure I'm in. As long as we don't touch that water.

Lily- We'll use it.

Michael- Same here.

Oliver- Agreed.

Ruby-I'm in

Sonia-Sophia?

Me- Sure. I hope its ok with your aunt.

Sonia- Oh its fine. I go in them all the time. Its perfectly safe.

Me- Guys, I think we got a plan. Meet here at 7:00 on Tuesday. We'll rescue my family on the that day.

Lily- Why that time of day?

Anne- So that we won't be seen easily. Rescue plans work better toward the evening or in the night.

Sonia- Where can we get our disguises?

Lily- My uncle has some of his old army uniforms.

Me- Can you ask him if we can use them? Tell him we are doing a theatre production that involves the army. Its the best excuse I could come up with.

Lily- Ok. I'll give it a try.

Me- Thanks. You guys are such a big help. I could never do this on my own. See you next week!

Everything was gonna go well. I just knew it. I was finally going to be reunited with my family! My fight to the finish didn't just involve me alone. It involved Ruby ,Anne,Sonia, Lily, Michael, and Oliver. I couldn't wait for next week to come. I was going to get back what was taken from me.