Surprises, Surprises [8]

Y/N POV

Sherlock was completely flabbergasted once he heard the news of John's engagement to Mary Jane. John had made Sherlock his best-man and explained thoroughly on why he was chosen.

Sherlock stood completely shocked and frozen for 10 minutes without saying a word.

Apparently, Sherlock the one who could deduce just about anything was completely oblivious when it came to friendship and romance.

"And you! Y/N don't think for a second that you've escaped this because I have chosen you has my maid of honor!" Mary squealed excitedly before enveloping me in a tight hug. Damn this girl had some pretty strong arms and grip.

The irony. This meant Sherlock and I would be dancing partners. And who knew how Sherlock danced and I danced quite badly.

"I've never seen you in a dress." Sherlock announced out of the blue.

"Well how fortunate of you. Blessed you are to see me in something frilly and girly." I winked at him. 

"I'm sure you'll look quite ravishing, my love." Sherlock flirted back.

John and Mary watched us completely shocked with wide eyes.

"What's this? Your dating?" John asserted while Mary was holding back a laugh.

"Yes." Sherlock beamed and pulled me in for a hug.

What?! We're dating? Not that I didn't want to date a gorgeous man like him. I wasn't aware that our relationship had become a sort of sentiment. My heart thrummed with a foreign-felt happiness as Sherlock laced his fingers around mine.

"Sentiment?"  I whispered low into his ear.

"Sentiment." He whispered back. I giggled as his breath tickled my ear.

"You owe me John! Cause I told you." Mary sang, and started to dance. John chuckled and handed Mary a hefty amount of money.

Sherlock raised his eyebrow, "What is the meaning of this?"

"You two geniuses I knew you'd get along. Despite, you guys being so aloof and rude I knew you guys were a match made in a heaven." Mary explained and John simply nodded watching his fiancée or should I say soon-to-be-wife with sheer adoration.

I've never quite understood the true mystery behind love, other than it being a chemical reaction that the brain sets off but sometimes I think there is more to it.

"Anyways, Y/N the dressing is tomorrow and you can't have the bridegroom see the dress before the wedding tis' bad luck." Mary chirped.

John gave her a frown to which Mary responded with a kiss. They were literally so adorable together. Mary made John so happy. A happy which crime-solving could never give him. And I was glad for him.

Because John was like an older, protective brother figure and I loved him as one. Mary had demonstrated kindness, and sisterly love for the time I had known her. And she could actually carry an intelligent conversation unlike many other people.

"I cannot wait." I grinned and gave her a small hug.

⇝⇝⇝⇝⇝⇝

oohh u and Sherlock gonna waltz ;) *laughs and rubs hands together*

don't forget to comment and vote lovelies!! :3 it's almost Christmas and I'm also gonna put a chap :3

I have a lot of free time cause of break and feeling kinda inspired for some strange reason

pic above is me;) moriarty is my fav sexy psychopath