Christmas Special [10]

Y/N POV

It is raining hard in London and the sound of the rain intermingles with the sound of music and laughter. Molly is holding hands and talking softly to her new beau, and John and Mary are cuddling in the corner.

For once the topic of trouble is gone and everyone is happy. Even Lesterade is joking and smiling with people.

"You look beautiful Y/N." Sherlock whispers behind me.

"You don't look bad yourself, Sherlock." I say back playfully.

Sherlock smiles and twirls me around. "I have a present for you, my darling."

"Not yet." I put my finger against his lips and flutter my eyes like a minx.

Mary, Lesterade and Molly brought sweets and drinks, and John and Mrs. Hudson were in charge of making the dinner; ham, roast beef and rice. Quite delicious might I add. Who knew John could even cook.

The Christmas tree stands proudly in the centre of the apartment, sparkling with lights of red, white and green. An argent angel sits on the very top of the tree, it's wings are spread wide and its eyes are closed.

Every single detail is a childhood reminisce. The fireplace is crackling and I can feel it's warm against my skin.

Childish excitement is running through my veins and pounding in my heart once I see all the presents. I love opening things as peculiar as that sounds.

Sherlock clears his throat nervously and announces that he will be playing a few songs on his violin. He looks at me and I nod reassuringly.

The music is delicate and beautiful but melancholy is felt once I hear his finale. The note arises, a fortissimo then ends as a soft, dying wail.

Everyone claps and Sherlock awkwardly bows.

"That was guid!" A voice yells.

Sherlock chuckles and pulls me in for a hug. Against his chest, it is comforting and full of warmth. I feel like never letting go.

"You are the loveliest star in the sky, Y/N. Mhmm." His long fingers play with the strands of my hair.

"That's so cliché but also very cute." I tell him, touching his pink nose. He fusses a little bit but then gives me a kiss on the tips. Short and sweet.

"Present time!" Molly squeals.

Everyone hands their present as they receive some. I hand presents to all the guests but I tuck Sherlock's present under my arm.

"For you, my ethereal rose." I snort at Sherlock's pet name for me. How cute.

I open the present and let out a gasp. It is a stunning, gold heart-shaped necklace, engraved with two letters; S+(first letter of your name).

I open the locket and there is a picture of me and Sherlock looking at each other, a smirk on his face and a smile on mine.

"Oh, my god Sherlock I love it so much." I let out a cry of joy and wrap my arms around his neck.

Sherlock POV

She looks so beautiful standing here in front of me with surprised, wide E/C eyes. I love everything about her. Her smile, her laugh.... and I've never seen her look so vulnerable and happy.

"Let me put it on for you." I say. She nods and puts her hair to the side and I put the locket around her neck and snap it shut.

"This is for you." She hands me a little box and waits for me to open it.

Carefully, I unwrap and smile widely. It is perhaps one of the best gifts I have gotten, not including her of course.... She is the best one ever. I kiss her once again and spin her around. She laughs. "I'm glad you like it."

It's a microscope engraved with my name and a little note that says; for my consulting detective.... The most brilliant star

"Merry Christmas." Y/N whispers, her breath trickles my ear.

Merry Christmas indeed. For the perhaps hundredth time today, I give this beautiful woman a kiss on the lips. She is a gift I will forever treasure.

⇝⇝⇝⇝⇝⇝

Woohoo late but lol here u go hope you all have a good time and especially New Years if u celebrate

Sorry if this is sorta crappy I had a bad head ache :/

kisses to my fav bitches xx comment and vote