An Unspoken Confession [21]

My Dearest Y/N,

My ideology use to centre around on Sentiment being a weakness. A human defect caused merely by chemicals produced by the brain. I use to see clients come in sick with death and pale with grief, with hopes of obtaining answers about their loved ones. Love,  something that brought so much light and happiness into their lives was the one thing that ended up killing them. And as I sit here writing this, I have come to the final realisation that I have metamorphosed into one of those people. I cannot even expressive with words how much happiness you have given me, Y/N. You have bewitched me mind, body and soul. And I will always love you, even till death do us apart, and if there is another life after this, I will love you even then. I do not want to wither away, because of my love for you. Even if you are truly gone, I have you embedded into my memories and there you shall forever stay. I will not fall. I will not become a headstone and a petty name. I will be the Sherlock Holmes. The man whom you first met but better. And I never had the chance to introduce you as Y/N Holmes. My best friend, and wife. Goodbye Y/N....

              Sincerely, Sherlock Holmes

With quivering hands, he placed the letter down. Crystal tears threatened to fall out of his resplendent iceberg eyes, as he gazed down at his confession with dolorous melancholia.

There was a tight constriction fluttering inside his chest, and he scrunched his eyes shut to prevent himself from crying any further.

Sherlock folded the letter in a nimble manner, and tucked it inside of an envelope. It was a letter that would never be read. Never be sent. An unspoken confession.

Despite her absence, Sherlock would no longer allow himself to wallow in self-pity and mourning. The grand finale had finally settled in. The Last stage of grief; Acceptance.

John and Marry had been there. During his demented tantrums, his spiralling addition into drugs, and his dark days of depression. He still had them.

Sherlock Holmes stood, and once again, he was. He had become the man he use to be. No longer letting depression get the best of him. But he would never forget his Y/N.

⇝⇝⇝⇝⇝⇝⇝⇝⇝⇝⇝

An extra chapter for all you guys! Hope you like it. Thank you do all of the readers who have been commenting & voting.
ILY GUYS💖