A Unity of Two [12]

Y/N POV

The wedding venue was absolutely exquisite. It had graceful curved windows, a high ceiling and a sweeping view of a picturesque garden which encapsulated the place. It was a very private wedding with only about fifty guests.

Mary had designed the tables quite daintily, in the centre of the table lay bundle of flowers made up of pink & white.

"You look bewitching, Y/N." Sherlock purred softly.

"Blimey, Sherlock! You trying to seduce me?" I tease, placing my hands on his shoulders.

"I did only a couple of days ago." He smirked cockily, then gives me a kiss on the forehead.

I smacked him playfully, blushing profusely at his statement.

"Can you dance? Cause I'm not a good dancer." I bite my lips anxiously.

"Of course I do! I wanted to be a dancer when I was I child." Sherlock said in a very serious tone and looked at me with solemn eyes. He let go of my hand, then proceeded to do a twirl, and gracefully landed on his feet.

I clapped and cheered for him as Sherlock bowed and beamed at me happily. "So you wanted to be a dancing pirate?"

"Well ye— no. Who told you about the pirate thing anyways?" Sherlock grumbled, a light pink tint imprinted on his face.

"I have my ways." I winked. Well, John told me actually but I wouldn't tell Sherlock about Hamish feeding me details about him.

"That's why I adore you so. You sneaky, bright cookie." Sherlock grinned at me.

Shortly afterwards, John and Marry joined us. "Hello, Y/N." She chirped. John grinned when he saw me and Sherlock laughing together and holding hands.

"Ahem, best man?" John coughed and Sherlock's eyes widened in horror. He turned to look at me and stuttered, "I'm so nervous. I've never done this before."

I have his large hand a firm squeeze and looked right into his bright eyes. "You are the infamous Sherlock Holmes. You've solved cases and confronted death, Sherly. You can do this. Don't worry."

"You are the most amazing woman I have ever known, Y/N. Thank you for being mine." He said sweetly and stood up and cleared his throat.

Immediately, everyone's gaze fell upon the curly-haired detective and they awaited for him to begin his best man speech.

"Telegrams." John and I, whisper quietly in unison.

Sherlock blinks, then nods. He begins to read the cards that people have sent the newlyweds, then explains his confusion when John asked him to be his 'best man' to this I let out a small giggle earning a slight glare from Sherlock.

Sherlock begins his speech with a violent outburst of coughing, "John Hamish Watson. The little help-mate that has aided me during my adventures... I do this not out of sentiment or caprice – it is that he has many fine qualities of his own. For example, his selfless." He continues, rather at a painfully slow pace but I listen in awe, whilst of some the guest look at him in shock.

"The point I'm trying to make is that I am the most unpleasant, rude, ignorant and all-round obnoxious arsehole that anyone could possibly have the misfortune to meet — I am glad to have a wonderful friend by my side whom I have lo- see as a brother and a beautiful companion who has made seen everything from a different perspective. John Watson and Y/N L/N are the two most beloved people whom I harbor close. And so I congratulate you, John Watson for choosing Mary."

Sherlock inhaled loudly, and everyone began to clap. Many of them, including Molly, Ms. Husdon and even Lesterade had tears in their eyes.

"Whats wrong?! What are you all doing? John, Y/N?" He says quickly, and turns to me frantically.

"No Sherlock it was fantastic." I gush and John and Mary nod, patting his back sympathetically.

Sherlock smiles and brushes his thumb over my lips. "You are amazing." He states. At this, I smile and the wedding drags on.

⇝⇝⇝⇝⇝⇝

Hoped u liked this chapter. Part 2 is coming soon as well. ;) the waltz shall come as well

FYI I changed the speech from the original one :-) a bit but hope you liked this one.

I have something quite big in store for u guys

*hint* it involves a sexy Irish psychopath *rubs hands evilly*

PS - pls look at the media am I the only one cracking up at my creation 😂