Chapter 1: My everyday life

I was driving home in my midnight blue 1966 Ford mustang tired and annoyed from work. I had my go bag in the back seat while all my work files were in the passenger seat. Just as I got to apartment building it started to rain. ' Great, just great.' I thought as I parked in my usual spot, packed my things and sped walked to the front doors.

"Hey, Artemis how was work today? Did you catch any bad guys? ", Jo ( the door man ) asked me just like any other time I walked into the building. Jo Johnson was a very nice guy. He was in his mid 20s and just got engaged to one of my friends, Ashley Corve. They're going to get married next June at one of the river walks in town.

" Hey, Jo just like normal I booked a guy and was annoyed by my colleagues. How about you? Hows the wedding planning going ?", I asked to see if they had picked a date for the wedding, so i can ask my boss for that day off.

"Good, one less guy out on the street. Well I'm good thanks for asking. Um.. me and Ashley can't decide if the wedding should be on June 21st or on the 14th cause we do want it on a Sunday in the middle of June but, we don't know which one to pick. What's your opinion on this ?", Jo told me his dilemma probably expecting a reasonable answer from me at this moment, as usual.

"Hmm... tell you what I'll ask my boss if I can take one of those days off ,and what ever one he chooses for me to take off that will be the wedding date. Would that work for you? But to be sure run this by Ashley first just so you two are on the same page. ", I said to him hoping that it could work for the three of us.

" Ok that sounds good but I will tell Ashley about this. We'll let you know about it. Thanks and have a good day.", He agreed to it so that's good. I walked into the elevator to get to my floor and waited till it said 5th floor and got off. Went to my door that had the numbers T03 on it , unlocked it and went inside. It was quiet, cold, and dark which is unusual cause the place across the street always has their lights on which in turn makes my apartment at least a little lit up. Well anyways I turned my lights on, dropped my things on my coffee table then went to my room and got dressed in some very comfy pjs for the night. My normal routine is when I get home is to leave all my work on the table until later, get dressed into pjs, then dive into my fridge and eat what ever I feel like at the moment and take it to the couch and watch some tv or a movie. I can usually stay up until around 4 in the morning either doing my work or just watch tv and doing nothing.But for tonight I'm going to try to get some actual sleep cause tomorrow I have an important interview with some dude about a possible promotion or something. So I get to bed at around 11:30 which is early for me.

* time skip *

" Erin is that you ?! ", I ask seeing a man of about my age with very dark hair, golden eyes, and is very big and buff for some reason.

" Yeah it's me Atre... AHAHAHAHA!!", he never finish his sentence because he was stabbed be some sort of monster. Then in a flash he and the monster were gone then I saw two people that looked extremely familiar but I can't see them to well. They then fell to the ground and dark red puddles of liquid formed around them both and just as before a flash and they were gone. Then flashes of people, places, and things flooded in and near the end...

" ARTEMIS !!!!!!! ", I heard everyone in my head scream all at once. Then I jolted up sweeting like a pig but steaming at the same time.

" Ugh not again.", I say to myself. Getting up and going to the bath to get cold water running so that I won't burn this place down like I almost did last week. As I get in after taking off my clothes that they won't burst into flames too, I star to think of what could be triggering these nightmares every other night and getting closer together in time.

" What am I going to do about this ?" I ask myself hoping I won't have to tell my friends about this, and loosing my only normal part of my life. That's my biggest wish is to be NORMAL. But back to reality I can and never will be normal due to my heritage.

' What time is it ? ' I wonder. I grab my phone that's on top of the shut toilet.

" Wow it's 4:45, great well I guess I got enough sleep for today." I complain to myself. My alarm is normally set for 5 in the morning so that I can shower and get to work a little bit early so I can work on the files I meant to do the night before. So I take my quick shower, eat some breakfast, and watch some tv until it's time to go.

* an hour later*

Just as I leave the elevator and go to my desk I start working on my files before I go and meet that guy for that interview. Right when 6'o clock rolls around all my files were done and I went to my boss's office and asked where to meet the guy for my interview. He said to meet him in the meeting room at around 7:30 ish.

' Great I have an entire hour and a half to do nothing. ' I thought. So I started to play angry birds on my phone until...

" Hey goddess, what are you doing? ", Shane asked me with a cocky look on his face. Let me tell you he might have the entire model- weight lifter look to him but, he is a player to the T(not my type). He's been trying to get me ever since I first got here, which was about 2 years ago.

" Waiting for my night in shining armor to come rescue me from the evil monster that's been after me for two years.What about you?", I say to him to blow him off.

"Hahaha oh don't worry you'll see that I am your lover." He says trying to sound smooth.

" When will that ever happen? When I'm dead? ", I ask trying to end this conversation. But failing miserably. He go's on and on about he and I will get hooked up, have handsome kids and grow up together. I think I just gaged a little.

" Agent Sherman, Mr. Manning is ready for you.", My boss says thank goodness.I quickly get up, make myself look presentable and walk into the meeting room.