Chapter 6: our first mission pt 1

After the family hug, we departed from one another we each went to get ready for our first family mission. When I was done putting my gear and suit on I walked to the toy truck.(This is her suit. Don't judge on the skirt if you don't want her to wear a skirt then she doesn't have to wear a skirt.)

The toy truck is the dump truck the BPRD uses to get through the city

The toy truck is the dump truck the BPRD uses to get through the city. Even though it stinks it has some cool toys inside hence the name toy truck. As I was walking to the truck Manning came towards me to brief me on the mission. Basically it's just a pack of level 7 monsters terrorizing some farmers on the outskirts of town.And the villagers were scared that the monsters will hurt their families cause, each night they get closer and closer to the farmers homes. But what I found interesting was that it was a PACK of level 7 monsters not one but a pack! Usually level 7 monsters don't get into packs(or any monsters for that reason)they just roam around the planes looking for their next meal. At first I thought that we'll swoop in scare the beasts away and be home with in an hour or two but, I think this one's going to be different. As Manning's briefing came to a close I walked into the toy truck with my family all ready to go. As the the truck was driving threw the city all I thought was...

' Something's wrong '

* half way to the farms *

"What's on your mind sis?", Erin asked me as I was consumed by my thoughts with a concerned look on his face. It was quiet in the truck. Not like awkward quiet but a prepared quiet.

"Just thinking about the mission.", I say looking at him with a curious expression.

"What about the mission?", Erin asked still curious about what I'm thinking.

"It's just ... the monsters are working in a pack. Terrorizing farms TOGETHER, in UNISON. Level 7 monsters don't work together, they're loners. The only creatures that work together are level 10s and up. The only times that I can think of when level 7s were in packs were if they were being controlled.So why is this time different? Unless they're being controlled by a higher level monster.", I say getting my thoughts out of my head.

"You know she has a point.", Abe says looking at us ," No level 7s have ever formed a pack alone with out a higher level in command."

"We both know that level 7s have been known to pack up.", Hellboy chimes in.

"But only in threesomes, not in the numbers Manning was talking about. He said the farmers had at least seen 20 or more in their fields.", I say now that the conversation has turned into a debate.

"You know what, how about we make a bet. When we get there we'll capture one and see if it's being controlled or if it chose to pack up.", Hellboy said looking at me.

"Ok what if you're right?", I ask him sensing where he was going with this.

"If I'm right you can take us to dinner and pay, plus you got to tell us what happened to you when we were gone.", he says while leaning on some crates behind him.

"Ok if I win you guys got to take me shopping and buy me anything I want. Deal.", I say with a devilish smirk on my face.

"Deal.", everyone who wanted in said which consisted of Erin, Hellboy and Liz. Abe didn't want to be involved, he just wanted to get this done so he can go back to reading in his library.When we got there it was about an hour to sunset just before the pack came out for the farms. Me and Liz went to ask the farmers see the pack so that we can be ready for them. 

*in a farmers house*

"So you must be the BPRD.", the farmers wife(Margret Fern) said with a face of relief as she answered the door and bid us to enter her home.

"Yes we are, um is your husband here? We would like to talk to you and him about the monster problem.", I say before Liz had even opened her mouth and she looked at me with a surprised look on, her face like she never expected me to know ho to talk to people. Well working for the FBI you have to know how to consult a grieving family and interrogate a potential suspect.

"OH yes let me go get him. Ugh please sit in the dining room I'll be right back. HAROLD!!!!", she said while walking away and down the hall of the house. The house was cozy almost like my old one when I was a kid. But this one had more of a rustic feel to it like, it had experienced more love and care than a normal home would get.The walls had red floral wallpaper with white door frames, the wood floor was a dark brown color with some scuff marks from shoes are moving furniture. In front of me was a huge hall way and to the left of it was a narrow stair case going to the second floor. To the right of me was a living room with brownish red furniture, a hand crafted coffee table in the middle of the room and a fireplace behind it with pictures on top of it. To my left just as few feet from the door was the kitchen. It was a decent sized one with some newer appliances, just above the sink was a small window to see the entire back yard and barn,there was a backdoor next to the fridge and a small dining table off to the left of the room near me and Liz. Just before I sat down I looked at the white door frame leading into the kitchen. It had tally marks on it with dates too, apparently they had kids and if I depict the marks right they have three kids.

' Wow they sure are busy. ' I think. And right as I think that three little kids run down the stairs. A boy looking about 12, a little girl just about 8 and lastly a tiny girl barely making her way down the stairs not falling at around 5. 

"Hi.", the two oldest say at the same time," are you here to take care of the monsters?"the baby girl says finishing their sentence.

"Yes we are. So I want you guys to stay in the house and watch out for each other ok.", I say to them with a motherly tone.

"James, Susan, Bailey go to your rooms the adults need to talk.", their father said walking into the room.

"No it's ok I'll be with them, umm.. you guys can talk to agent Sherman in the kitchen.", I said with a slight grin on my face cause, I love children.

"Oh, well ok.", The children's parents say and walk into the kitchen to talk to Liz.

"Can I ask you about the monsters?", I ask the kids when their parents leave. When I asked them the question the two oldest looked at each other with a look like they were keeping a secret.

"Yes", the youngest girl(Bailey I presume) said.

"Ok, lets go sit on the couch and talk.", I say to them with so much kindness that they tell me almost everything of what they know about the creatures.

"Will you hurt them ?", Bailey asked holding a stuffed horse.

"Only if they hurt us or anyone. But it won't hurt them to bad, I promise.", I tell her with some truth in my statement.

"Will you hurt the shy one?", she says with a little sadness.

"The shy one?", I ask a bit confused.

"Yeah he's the one that follows the pack, but doesn't do what they do. He just watches them, but he doesn't hurt anyone or anything.", Susan(the second oldest)says.

"I probably won't but can you tell me what he looks like so I can tell my team to leave him alone, or I can try and befriend him into helping my team and I learn whats going on. Ok?", I say to them, thinking my hunch is right.

"He's big, black, and has blue eyes but when the other monsters get near him they turn red. But I think he's bigger than the others cause, when they walk together you can pick him out.Plus he stays behind at the edge of the wood and just sits there waiting for the rest of them to get done with their business.", James(the oldest and only boy) says like he had rehearsed it in the mirror.

"Ok thank you. I promise not to hurt him.", I say to them hoping that they will believe me.