Chapter 4: Meeting the team

It has been about 10 weeks since I first began my new job at the B.P.R.D. So far I have excelled past newbie, rookie, trainee, average, first hand, all the way to pro commander. Pro commander (Which I call Alpha leader) is the highest rank that I can achieve at this place. I train newbies, plan attacks on missions, lead my fellow agents into action and basically rule over the agents on my level. {Yep I'm so special that I can conquer the ranks in only 6 weeks [ imagines an applause ] oh thank you } I have defeated about 20 monsters in about the 3 weeks that we've been allowed to go on missions. While I'm in the lead I haven't lost a team member yet but we have been bandaged up a few times tho. My team is the best out of the others. But for your information my whole team is made up of girls, and there is only 4 girls including ,me would be 5 people in our team but Manning was nice enough to put me with a team of people that also have powers like me. We call ourselves ' The Sirens ' plus each of us have given each other nicknames. As you can tell I have made a lot of friends while I was here.

Lilly Waters (my first hand)23 years old and former air force pilot is called The Enchantress for her amazing techniques of persuasion(mind control).

Jana Rights (my attacker) 24 years old and former military soldier is called Striker for her fierce and quick attacks(superhuman endurance).

Ganis Parks (my defense) 22 years old and former marine Maj Major is called The Prime Guard for her strong and powerful defensive tactics(force field generation).

Emily Jones (my informer)21 years old and former navy intelligence specialist is called The Seer for her knowledge, and her way of thinking on the spot(superhuman mentality).

My team mates named me The Huntress for way I ' hunt ' my targets and my unique hand to hand combat.Since I'm gonna meet THE TEAM of the BPRD I'm going to leave The Sirens but I can work with them if they need my help on a mission or if I need theirs.

At this moment I'm trying to train a group of newbies in hand to hand combat, even though most of them are from the FBI or some other branch of law enforcement. The guy I'm training right now is John Baker an ex-marine, 23 years old, 6'1, well built and has a short temper.

"Come on John make a better defense not offense .", I say as we're sparring with the rest of the group watching and learning.

"I got it , I ..Ugh!", he exclaims because I just got PASSED his so called ' brick wall ' and pushed him in the gut.

"You were saying Baker. Let's go we're not stoping till your defense is built .", I tell him as he's regaining his breathe and poster.

" Sherman !", I hear Mr.Manning yell from across the room, " Meeting room now !" he yells to me as he walks away.

"Alright class is dismissed. Tomorrow Baker starts it off. Good day class." I tell them as I usually do after a spar. I get my jacket on and walk down the hall to the meeting room. As I'm walking I see other agents walking the opposite way of me.

' Maybe the cafeteria is having a special today. ' I thought to myself but continued walking. As I entered the meeting room Manning was sitting at the end of the table going thru some files he had.I just took a seat across from him that way I wouldn't have to talk to him to much.

"Sooo... why am I here? Is there a mission I'm going on?", I ask trying not to make him mad.

" You're here to meet your new team.", he said with an annoyed sigh not looking up from his files.

"Ok.", I say but more to myself than to him.

* Down the hall to were the team was *

"I can't wait to see her again after all these years.", person 1 says with excitement in their voice.

"I wonder how she'll react. After all we did to her.", person 2 says with a bit of fear in their voice.

"Don't worry I bet she'll remember us.", person 3 says trying to get their hope up.

"I don't think she'll remember me. I haven't really been in her life or in yours. I'll probably be a new person for her.", person 4 says.

" Yeah you're right about that but I think she'll be surprised.", person 3 says with hope in their voice.

* Back to Artemis and Manning *

"Ah here they come.",he says.

First to walk threw the door was Abe Sapien. " Hello, I'm Abraham Sapien but you can call me Abe.", he says with politeness.

"HI I'm Artemis Sherman it's a pleasure to meat you.", I introduce myself to Abe. ' He looks a little familiar but, I don't think so. '

The second to walk in was Erin. "Hey sis, been a while huh ?", He says with a little sarcasm.

"OMG Erin I haven't seen you in years. Oh how have you been? Where have you been?", I exclaim in excitement as I went and hugged him.

"I'll tell you later but, you need to understand that you can't be mad at them let them explain.", he said to me with a little concern in his voice.

"What do you mean ? Who shouldn't I be ...", I started to say when Liz and Hellboy entered the room," mad at?", I ended saying but so quietly it was almost a whisper.

"Hello Artemis", Liz said with a hint of nervousness.

"Hey baby girl.", Hellboy said as if nothing was wrong.

"No,no,no,no,no,no.", I say to myself and I ran out of the room and out of the building.I ran all the way to my apartment without thinking of going to my car or grabbing my stuff back in my locker.

' This can't be happening, this can't be happening. ' I say to myself as I sit on my couch at home. ' I spent so many years trying to forget what happened to me in the past but, now they're here and so are the memories. '

* Back at the BPRD meeting room *

" Well that went well.", Abe says after Artemis runs out of the room.

"Huh I thought she would be excited to see us.", Hellboy says with a little disappoint in his voice.

"Well she was excited to see me.", Erin muses but not priding on it.

"Why would she run away like that from you two?", Manning asks as if they had an answer.

"Well after me and Artemis were put into foster care I was adopted by a nice rich family.", Erin says as if that's going to help.

"What about her? Do you know what happened to her?", Liz asks with concern.

" I heard that she didn't get adopted but she did get some nasty foster parents. Some where alcoholics, drugies or abusers. Plus I think she was bullied maybe but I'm not sure.", Erin says trying to remember what he could from his youth.

"Well if you want I can go find her foster file and see if there is any reports of her?", Manning said," But you would have to owe me if I do it."

"No, I don't want to dig into her past without her permission. I want her to tell us when she's ready.", Liz says with a sad but stern face.