Chapter 11: The Devil's Pack

Hellboy's POV:(Back at BPRD HQ)

"Why did you let her go? And with NO back up?", I say once I reentered the library. Out of all the things of all the times that they've disobeyed me this has got to be the worst.

"Don't worry Red she said she'll check in every six hours. Plus it's not like she hasn't fought worse. Remember... she was an FBI agent in the BAU branch. Also her training group was the best we had in over 5o years. In my opinion she'll be ok.", Liz says rereading the magazine she had. For being the love of my life, she can also be the pain of my life.

"Plus she does have back up. She has Cüron.", Erin says looking up at me with a cocky grin like he just won an argument. Which he did with the help of his mother.

*ugh* is all I say before I head towards the range to let off some steam.

*Back in the Library*

"hmmm...", Erin says to himself as his father leaves the library.

"What's bothering you, nephew?", Abe says while passing him.

" Not sure. His feelings for this matter weren't ... a usual response.", he says while still looking at the door his father just passed through.

"Don't worry. We all know he'll get over it.", says Liz from behind her magazine.

"I not talking about his feelings of Artemis leaving. I mean his feelings towards her in general.", he mumbles to himself without letting his mother or uncle hear.

Artemis's POV:( Twilight near moon light)

As me and Cüron straightened ourselves from our game we tried to make our appearance more serious, deadly, and cold. Soon after I felt a presence near by and a powerful one at that. Then a wind decided to pick up and I could smell the faint aroma of wet dog. (Sully - wet dog or smelly garbage? -Monsters Inc.) Apparently Cüron could smell it as well. On our left we heard a twig snap, our six o'clock we heard a whoosh of leaves off a nearby bush. Cüron and I stayed calm and knew it was the pack just trying to scar us off. We kept walking. A few feet went by and we were stopped and surrounded by gray, black, and brown wolves with red eyes. And as before each one of them can control an element but, since their eyes are red we couldn't tell which one had what.

"Where have you been Cüron? And who is this with you?", a huge black wolf snarled at us. He has a scar over his left eye and has silver in his solid black fur. My guess is he's Cüron's father.

"Father, after the village battle I got separated from the pack and was caught by those humans. I was struggling and one of the humans came near me with a shotgun in hand about ready to shoot. Then my master here saved me from the humans, healed my wounds, and helped me return home. Sir, this is ...", Cüron said with seriousness, not looking at his father as a sign of respect. But when he began to introduce me I cut.

"Adena, your son's master. In return for my help he has accepted the terms of servant hood as a debt. Now who might you be?", I say taking a step in front of Cüron and a step closer to his father.

"I'm Damon, father of Cüron. And what is your purpose here? Other than bringing my son home to us.", Damon says to us eyeing his son. Even though his father has red eyes I think theres still a father in him.

" I here to see your master or will keeper I should say. May I see them, for I am servant to them and am required to..", I began to say but got cut off.

"MY MASTER HAS NO NEED FOR SERVANTS!! For he has us!! Aglaeca has no need for more servants. Go back to your realm and leave us to our serving!", Damon roars at us with his teeth bared and hackles up.

"He will be in need of me, for I'm no mere fire demon.", I say calmly and I focus my powers and burst into blazing fire and roar," I'M A HELLHOUND OF THE GREAT GODDESS HECATE!! I SHALL NOT BE IGNORED!!!", once I finished yelling in their faces I extinguish my fires and with a slight sizzling I begin to steam as the fire was put out. "I demand to see Aglaeca, Now!",I say calmly and all the wolves around us took many steps back and looked to Damon for guidance.

" Yes, ma'm. I shall take you to him. DUCLAW! Inform the others that we have a high ranking guest staying with us, and take the others with you.", He says with a straight face. He never seemed to move during my heated tantrum nor did he even flinch when I lit up. I have a feeling that Damon is not as he seems. As Duclaw ,I presume, takes the others away Cüron and I are left here with Damon. We stayed here until we couldn't sense the others, then Damon turned and looked over to me and Cüron.

"Any real demon ,controlled or not, would know that Hecate has no hell hound servants. So who are you truly? Cause you're not a killer or else you would have killed my son, not played tag with him at the border line.", he says and to our surprise his eyes turn a dazzling gold. Cüron smiles, wag his tail and bounds over to his father. Their little reunion was heart warming. They were smiling, rubbing each other, licking one another just like any other dogs would greet.

"You're not being controlled? How? Hows mother? Are there any others?", Cüron asks fast while looking at his father.

"Slow down boy. Your mother is fine, both her and I found a way to deceive the others. But there aren't many that found that same way. Now truthfully ,who are you?", Damon answers his son's many questions then looks to me for his own answer.

"I'm Artemis, daughter of Hellboy. I work with the people who fought your pack at the farms. But I'm a human that can change my form. Who else isn't under the influence?", I answer Damon while looking at him a bit taken back.

"My mate ,Lavita, and no more then ten others but none of then strong enough to fight. I've heard of your father and organization, I hope they can help us.", He says to me," Now if theirs anything you need just ask me or Lavita, please my pack....we need your help."

"Of course but first I would like for the three of us to go to the room the have set up for me and we can talk there in private.", I say firmly but kindly. As we're heading back both Cüron and Damon's eyes revert to red but we all know that they're not being controlled.

Liz's POV: (In a transmission room at HQ)

Incoherent mumblings are heard all through the room from other agent's coms and radios. But I'm focused on the one com that is my daughter's. We haven't head from her in over 7 hours. She was supposed to report an hour ago and I'm beginning to worry.

"Don't worry Liz, she come threw.", Abe reassures as he puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Thanks Abe.", I say as I look at him with hope in my eyes.

"Mom, she's coming threw." I hear Erin say next to me and we all move around him so we can hear her.

"Abe go get Red.", I tell Abe and he quickly leaves to fetch Red. He hasn't left the range since we told him this morning about Artemis.

"What's going on?", I hear my husband say behind me. Erin informs him on what's going on while I adjust the radio waves so we can hear her transmission clearly.

"Testing, testing, Baloo to Bagheera.... come in Bagheera.", We all hear her say.That was our code to let us know that she had some info and that she was alright.

"Bagheera here read, you loud and clear Baloo. What info you got?", Erin says into the mic that is in front of us.

"The situation is worse than we thought."