Chapter 3: WHAT IS THIS !!!

Well now I can go and get that test for that possible promotion. Ok so I'm at the address on the card but there's a gate in my way.

" What do you want? ", the person on the other end of the microphone says. (rather rudely)

"Um.. a Mr. Manning told me to meet him here." I say tentatively trying not to upset the guy into kicking me out any quicker.

'Beep' " Come in, level 51.", the guy tells me.

"Ok thanks.", I say trying to me kind.I walk threw the door and this weird desk man is there.

"Section 51.Step on the gold floor piece,please. Remember please watch your hands and elbows.", he says to me as if I'm going on an amusement park ride.

"Alright.", right as I say that the floor sinks from under me like an elevator without the walls, ceiling, and buttons. Once the thing stops I meet Mr. Manning at the bottom.

"Amazing that you did't freak out on that. Everyone else did the first time.", he says with a bit of surprise in his voice but with a flat face.

"Well if you hadn't noticed sir, I'm not like everyone else." I say to him still a little astonished about this place.

"Yes,I have noticed. Now follow me to the testing room, please."he says while beginning to walk the opposite way from me, but I follow anyways.As we walk I look around and notice many doors and one way windows(the ones in the police stations were one side you can see a person but they can't see you). But after we turned many hallways we stopped at a door with the number 12c on it.

" Please do you best", he starts to say as I begin to walk in," and one more thing don't look in to it's eye.", just as he finished his sentence he shut and locked the door. And right in front of me is a gigantic one eyed, green, slimy, dog looking thing.And as he told me I did't look into it's eye, instead I turn around and bang on the door and try to get out.

" WHAT IS THAT THING?!?!?", I yell to the door but stop as I hear this gurgling growl but I don't turn around.

'Beep' " Your test is to stop that thing with what ever you have on you.And to give you a heads up, your gun won't work it'll just get it angry." Mr. Manning informs me over an intercom in the room.

' ok what do I have on me..' shortly as I began to think the creature began to charge me but I side step it and it hits the door. I ran to the other side of the room as I think of what I have on me.

' ... tissue, gum, phone, Oh I have ...' again my thoughts get cut off as the thing recovers and charges me again. Instead of side stepping I quickly reach into my pocket and pull out a pocket knife.As I'm charging at it I look down so I won't look at it's eye.I then jump and stab my knife into the thing's back as I pass by, causing it's back to be somewhat split open. I then think about what else I have because when I checked on it, the creature's back was starting to seal back up. But it was slow enough that it would give me time to search my pockets.

' um... hair ties, lip balm, and a HAND HELD MIRROR !!' if I can't look at it's eye then it can't either. I'm gonna pull a medusa on it. As I begin to pull out my mirror the thing began to charge me again. Just as I got my mirror out it jumped, landed on me and tossed the mirror a few feet away from me. The thing and I struggled on the floor for a few minutes until I got my knife and put it straight into it's side and pushed it off. I then grabbed the mirror and showed the creature it's reflection.It then slowly started to melt away like wax on a lit candle.

'phew' I sigh in relief as the creature is stopped I hoped.

"Nicely done. The door is unlocked and you can come out.", 'click' I hear him say right as the door lock unlocks.

"Don't have to tell me twice!",I state as I dart to the door and shut it right as I get out.

"You are the second person to pass this test. To be honest I didn't think you would make it.", he told me as I looked at him with a little bit of surprise.

"What happened to the last person?", I asked but I think I'll regret asking.

"They got turned to mush, by that thing. Now here's the next question do you want to work here or not?", He asks as if he wanted to get this done as fast as possible.

"Well before I answer that I want to know what exactly do you do here? Cause that's not a gangster criminal you commonly see on the street.", I state still trying to see if I can understand whats happening.

"What we do here is hunt and kill monsters that come to try and destroy our world. We are the ones who cover up UFOs, Bigfoot, and the Yeti. Now answer the question, do you want the job or not?", He tells me as if it's basic knowledge.

'It sounds better than my normal job. Plus I could always use some adventure.' I think to my self.

"When do I start?", I ask agreeing to his terms.

"Ok come with me and we'll get you all set up. I'll introduce you to the team after you learned a little about these thing in action,which will be in a few weeks.", he tells me as we start heading back the way we came ," I have one more question for you tho."

"Ask away sir.", I say having a feeling about what he might ask.

"Do you have any special abilities, or powers?", he asks me. This was the only question I didn't want anyone to ask me.

" Yes I do sir but, they're a little unpredictable at times.", I say honestly.

"What do you mean 'unpredictable at times'?", He says stopping us where we stood int eh middle of the hall.

" Sir, my powers are controlled by my brains activity and my emotions. For example if I picture a pencil in my head then it appears in front of me. If I'm sad or depressed a little rain cloud forms around me." I explain to him so I can keep my new job.

" Have you had any incidents happen when your powers went out of control?", he asks with this very stern yet scared look on his face.

"No sir only very close encounters and they only happened when I was very young."I tell him with a pitiful yet very straight face.

"Alright if any incidents or accidents happen while you're out in the field, you will be suspended or fired from this job. You got it?", he asked with his scared stern face.

"Yes sir I understand." I say hoping that nothing's going to happen any time soon.