The Day My Life Changed. Forever

My name is Hope Foster and a week ago, I was a regular teenage fangirl. Then everything changed.

- One Week Ago-

"Look where you're going, nerd!" Laughter followed me as I hurried to my next class. "Technically, I'm a fangirl, not a nerd," I thought to myself. Finding a seat by my friend Kyle , I sat down, sighing.

"Rough first day so far?"

"The worst." Kyle chuckled. "It can't have been that bad though, right?" I glared at him. "Not making me feel better, Kyle..."

"Geez, I'm sorry." He stood up. "But aren't you used to it right now? I mean, people have been calling you names for a long time."

"That doesn't mean it doesn't hurt any less" I said. "But, you're right. I don't really pay attention to those people anymore." I looked up to see Kyle concentrating on something. "Kyle thinking? Alert the media!" I laughed.

"Oh please, I think more than you do, and if you look at your grades versus mine, I think we can prove that."

"Shots fired... Consider me hurt." I put a hand over my heart.

"But in all seriousness, I really think you should stop with your obsession over Percy Jackson." As he looked at my increasingly angry face, he quickly added, "I mean, this is all for you. It's not healthy and everything. I mean, Percy Jackson isn't real no matter how much you want him to be."

I probably looked like a charging bull. Zeus knows, I definitely felt like it. "And who exactly was the person who wanted Annabeth as her girlfriend for the first three books and nearly destroyed my copy of the Battle of the Labyrinth when you read about the kiss?" My voice was like steel. "No matter how many times I told you that Percabeth would happen sooner or later, may I add."

"At least I snapped out of it. I know that the world of Percy Jackson doesn't exist and it would be good for you to know that too."

I stood up and was about to start a rant but the teacher came in.

"Settle down class. I am your new Biology teacher, Mrs. Baker." A small woman came in, with a leather jacket on. She didn't look that scary but she had this kind of aura around her that radiated fear. She reminded me of someone, but I couldn't really remember who.

"What happened to our other Biology teacher?" I asked.

Mrs. Baker turned to me with a glare on her face that froze me to my seat. "She has had a nervous breakdown, Ms....?"

"Foster." My mind was working at a thousand miles a minute. Nervous breakdown. Leather jacket. That glare... "Dodds." I mutter. Kyle looked at me with a look of disbelief. I leaned over. "Remember Mrs. Dodds?"

"I think you're going a little bit too far."

"No, listen to me!" I whispered urgently. "What did Mrs. Dodds always wear? A leather jacket. And how did Mrs. Dodds become a math teacher?"

"The previous teacher had a nervous breakdown..." Horror dawned on his face. "What do we do?"

I was about to answer when, "I believe talking in class is not permitted. Both of you, please go into the hallway." I looked up to see Mrs. Baker/Dodds standing over us.

As soon as we were in the hallway, I turned around. "We have to get out of here."

"You're kidding right? I mean this is school. You are not supposed to run out of school. It's against the law!"

"I'd rather break the law than be dead." I countered back.

"We don't even know if your weird theory is true! What if it's not, huh?" Kyle's face suddenly went slack. I turned around to see Mrs. Dodds in all her Fury glory, whip and wings included. Kyle took my hand. "I think your theory is true."

"You think!? Run!"

Being chased by a Greek monster was something that I dreamed about ever since I read Percy Jackson. But, I always woke up before anything bad happened, before I got hurt. This wasn't like that. This was complete chaos. We bumped into teachers (who then turned around and yelled at us for being tyrants and completely missed the shriveled hag) and we crashed into walls and when we finally made it out of the school, I bumped into someone. Hard.

"What the Hades?" I asked as I got up.

"What are you running from?" I pointed behind me as Mrs. Dodds burst out of the school. The boy's gaze followed my finger. He sighed and took out a pen from his pocket. Wait, a pen? I looked more closely at his face. Green eyes, black messy hair, an orange t-shirt... I took a step back. "Who are you?"

He turned back towards me. "My name's Percy Jackson."

--------------------------------------

AHH!!! YAS!! IT FEELS GOOD  TO BE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOLLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHARE!!!!!!!!!!