I'm Percy Jackson's Sister (And Other Things)

I heard soft mumbles as I struggled to open my eyes. Seeing as I couldn't, I abandoned that and instead started focusing on listening to whoever was talking. Kyle's voice came first.

"Is she ok? What'll..." His voice faded away as sleep threatened to take over. I shook my head (mentally at least since I couldn't move.) I wasn't going to sleep. Not now. Another voice suddenly broke through the mist. Someone caring and wise. Chiron, I thought.

"...stress...will wake up soon...wait..."

It was too hard to stay awake so I drifted back into unconsciousness.

****

I didn't know how much time had passed. All I knew was that I felt better. And that someone was breathing on my face.Opening my eyes, I screamed and slapped the face. Someone's face was not two inches away from mine.

"Gods Hope, it's just me!" Kyle looked a bit taken aback and was holding his cheek and I didn't blame him. I was told that ever since I was born, I had a good set of lungs and hand muscles.

"Kyle. Don't ever do that again. You scared me half to death!"

"All right, all right." Kyle sat back in a chair beside my bed. "I was worried, you know."

"How long have I been in la – la land?" I asked, curious.

"Oh, like, a day. It's almost dinner."

I stared at him. "Were you sitting there the whole time?"

Kyle looked sheepish. "Well, yeah. I mean, I wanted to see you wake up." I felt touched. "Well, thanks," I said awkwardly. "So, where am I? Is this the Big House?"

"Yep," Kyle said, popping the p. "I've already been given the grand tour. I can give you one if you want. Percy didn't actually do a great job before you fainted. Oh, and by the way, you're the talk of the camp."

"I can guess why," I groaned. "How is Percy taking it?"

"I believe his first reaction was, 'I have a sister?' Then that turned into 'Wait, so Dad was serious about sending me some siblings.' You know, classic clueless Percy. And your fainting act? Priceless." Seeing my face starting to turn red, he hurried to apologize. "Sorry but it's true." He started laughing. "I can't believe I thought you had a crush on him. Now that I think about it, it kind of makes me want to puke. Anyway, do you feel ok?"

"Yeah, I guess. I'm well enough to take a tour anyway." I slowly got out of bed with Kyle helping. As we walked out of the Big House, I asked, "So, when do I get my Camp Half-Blood t-shirt? And do I move into cabin 3 now? Oh yeah, and have you been claimed?"

"Here it is to question number one. Yes to question number two. And, unfortunately not, to question number three. Although Annabeth is pretty convinced I'm a son of Apollo."

"That's great, sunshine." I laughed at the look on his face. Swinging my orange t-shirt around, I said, "What? I needed a nickname. And sunshine fits."

"Whatever," Kyle grumbled.

The tour was interesting, although I knew most of it from repeated reading of the books. When it finished, both of us sat down near the pine tree.

Kyle cleared his throat. "So, umm, you're going to need to see Mr. D before dinner. And I would be careful if I were you. I mean he is in a good mood since his sentence was cut down to 50 years but I guess it was a bad day today because he is tense."

"Great," I mumbled under my breath. "I'm totally looking forward to that." I got up groaning and started heading toward the Big House again. "And couldn't you tell me before the tour? Now I have to walk all the way back!" I shouted over my shoulder as I jogged toward the farmhouse. I could hear Kyle 's laughter from behind me.