We Fight a Giant and Our Quest Ends. Finally.

At first, the battle was going great. Jason had somehow gotten a horse and even though I knew it was a venti, it looked pretty cool. Leo was hurling fireballs at Khione and she looked surprised as he got closer and closer. Piper was using some of that Aphrodite magic and killing the Earthborn easily. As for me? I was just fighting like a storm. Literally. I really didn't know how I did it but as soon as I charged, I remembered Percy's fight with Hyperion and boom. Hurricane. It was pretty awesome but I didn't think I could hold it for longer than 30 seconds. My head was starting to hurt and my strikes grew slower. Finally when I couldn't take it anymore the storm dissipated and I started fighting like everyone else. I started helping Jason with the wolves. As we started fighting together, he yelled, "I didn't know you could do that?!"

"I didn't either!" I yelled back.

"Can't you do it again?"

I shook my head. "I'll probably knock myself out if I try it."

"Oh." He looked disappointed.

I noticed that although we fought really well together, we didn't know each other like when I fought with Kyle at my side. I supposed it was because I knew Kyle and Jason and I met a few days ago. Plus, I was Greek and he was Roman. And, he was used to being the leader, being praetor and all while I was more about the "do whatever you want as long as it works" vibe. As we ploughed through the courtyard, killing (and knocking out in the case of Jason) enemies, we heard Hera's voice.

"Hello? Remember me? Oh, don't worry, I'm just dying over here!"

I muttered under my breath. "I can see why Annabeth hates you."

Leo and Piper hurried over and I could see them talking to each other, Leo with massive hand motions. I didn't really pay attention to them. Instead, I was focusing on the column of earth getting bigger every second. Walking over to Jason, I tapped him on the back.

"Hey, about the giant..."

The column cracked and Jason turned around. Our faces were the same, scared but trying not to look scared and utterly failing. This giant was like nothing I'd ever seen before. Rick Riordan did not give him justice. Or maybe he did, and it was just a lot more terrifying when I was standing right in front of it. Dragon's legs aside, Porphyrion was terrifying. Compared to him, Enceladus was a joke. He radiated power like no one else. To be honest, I could see the giants defeating the gods. The most terrifying part for me, was his hair. It was covered in weapons.

"I thought Uncle Rick said his hair was "decorated" in weapons."

Jason looked at me. "What?"

"Nothing."

The giant's eyes opened. "Praise to Gaia!"

His eyes were milky white, like he was blind.

Jason whimpered and I looked at him. "Did the almighty praetor Jason Grace just whimper?"

"No."

I looked at him.

"Okay maybe." He turned to the giant. And then he turned back. "How did you know I was a praetor?"

"Ummm..." I trailed off. "Pure luck?"

He wasn't buying it. "I don't remember you in the camp. So how..."

I interrupted him. "Come on, we have to buy Piper and Leo some time." His face didn't change. "Oh dang it. I'll tell you later, I promise."

"Swear it."

This is going badly. Wait, loophole!

I took a deep breath. "I swear on the River Styx that I will tell you what you need to know." The sky rumbled. I raised an eyebrow at him. "Happy?"