I Meet Khione Again. She Hates Me. Surprisingly.

Once Piper dropped her dad off and got the helicopter, the ride to the Wolf House was tense. Jason had this look on his face that told everyone to stay away. Finally, (I supposed Leo couldn't take the silence anymore) Leo spoke up. "So what's the Wolf House?"

"It's a mansion in California. A demigod built it. Jack London."

"The Call of the Wild guy right?" Piper asked.

"Yeah." Jason answered.

"So, he went to Camp Half-Blood?"

"No."

Stop with your one-word answers, Jason. They do not make the situation better. I internally screamed at him.

He must have heard me because he started elaborating. After he told us the fascinating story of how the Wolf House was this sacred place to Demigods and how it was cursed and all that stuff.

All good things, all good things.

Leo then fiddled with the controls. "We're thirty minutes out." He turned back. "Get some rest if you can."

Jason fell asleep immediately.

The rest of us sat there awkwardly. I had to say something. "So, we're just going in there, improvising, and hopefully getting out of there alive, yes?"

Piper grumbled. "That's a way to put it."

Leo laughed. "Is that how you do your inspirational speeches, Ariel?"

I walked over to him. "Don't call me Ariel." I said in a deadly voice. "And yes," I added as an afterthought. "That is my idea of an inspirational speech."

He smiled. "I like it!"

Piper groaned. "Leo... Focus on flying, will you?"

"Hey, beauty queen. Just trust me. I've got this under control."

And we took a nosedive.

He hurriedly brought us back up. Piper and I looked at each other and started laughing hysterically.

"Hey, ladies, ladies. Don't laugh. I seriously got this under control."

I smacked him on the head.

"Ow! What was that for?"

"For jinxing us, you idiot." I pointed out the window. "Look."

Hail started pelting the window and ice quickly formed, blocking the view. Jason woke up, rubbing his eyes. "Why is it snowing?"

"Is it supposed to be this cold in California?" Piper looked worried.

No, but it can be if you have a psychopathic snow goddess who wants to kill you. Just saying, Piper.

We landed on the ground and Leo suddenly yelled, "Out!"

A huge ball of snow and ice destroyed the helicopter and we all looked at it in horror. Leo whistled. "We owe that ranger a new helicopter."

"Not the place nor time, Leo." Piper warned him. "The fighting's over there." She pointed. "No it's over there." She swiveled around. "It's everywhere."

Truer words had never been spoken. It was chaos. There was a circle surrounding the house and although I couldn't see much, I knew that we weren't winning.

Thalia ran up to us. "Thank the gods, you're here! We're trying to hold them back, but there's too many. We'll be overrun any minute."

"Who are we fighting?" Jason squared his shoulders, acting really brave for something who didn't even have a weapon.