Canada Sucks

Leo was sleeping, which was a relief, since I didn't think I could handle any more of his jokes. If Kyle was here, he would have said that I was a hypocrite since I joked around a lot too but this guy was seriously the next level. Jason was at the front, steering the dragon. He suddenly turned around. "You know me, don't you. You know who I am."

"What makes you think that?" I was great at lying so hopefully he bought it.

"The prophecy. My last name is Grace. It said that the child of the sea would help the grace regain his place. And right now, I don't remember what place I'm supposed to regain. But you do. The way you look at me sometimes, it's like you know everything and you're wondering how much stuff you should reveal."

Dangit! He's more observant than I thought. "If I was really hiding something, then it would probably be for a good reason."

"So you are hiding something?"

"If I was hiding something, I wouldn't really tell you I was hiding something, now would I?"

He looked a bit confused now, which was good. "Whatever. You take control. I'm going to go to sleep."

Now, it was just me and Piper. I was about to say something when Piper's voice suddenly rang out. "Did you know Silena Beauregard?"

"You could say so." I knew where this was going.

"Was she a traitor?"

Oh, I could kill Drew right now. "No, if Drew told you that, erase it from your mind please. Actually, erase everything Drew said from your mind. Most of what she says is twisted beyond recognition."

"But she betrayed us, didn't she?"

"She was a spy, that's true. But, without her, we would have lost the war." Piper looked confused. I continued. "I bet Drew didn't tell you that part, did she?"

"What happened?"

"The Apollo cabin and the Ares cabin were having a huge fight. Finally, Clarisse was all like, 'We're not going to fight in this war' and they stuck by their promise. Then, this drakon came and we were all worried because only a child of Ares could kill it. Then, Clarisse comes around, saying 'Ares, to me!' and all of that but when Clarisse tried to fight it, she got spewed with poison. And then, we found out that Clarisse was actually Silena. Her death motivated Clarisse to kill the drakon and fight with us again."

Piper looked confused again. "Didn't you come to camp after the Titan War? How do you know so much?"

"Oh, you know, Percy told a lot of stories." Thankfully she bought it. Great job almost blowing your cover, Hope. Great job.

We rode in silence for an hour or so until Piper shook Leo awake. "We're here." I could see the castle/hotel from where we were in the sky and it was beautiful.

"Welcome to Canada" I muttered. "Look guys, we have company."

The God of Boring's kids were coming through and I was not looking forward to meeting with Zethes. I felt even worse for Piper though, having to have to deal with his so called "flirting."

Cal the ox went all "Destroy!" on us, which was quickly getting annoying. Piper was uncomfortable, at the least, with Zethes' awful excuse for getting a girl. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. I leaned over to Piper. "Say it's an emergency landing. Do the whole Aphrodite charmspeak thing."

Piper smiled. "It is an emergency landing. Our dragon is malfunctioning!"

That did the trick. Zethes was whipped so he went, "That is an emergency" and Cal didn't really have an opinion so we were quickly on our way to the ice penthouse.