Problems Everywhere

Percy's face did not look happy as he stomped over to me. "Did I hear that right?" He shook my shoulders. "You kissed Kyle Reed. Kyle Reed kissed you. Which one is it?"

I looked at him. "Hypocrite." I grumbled.

"How am I being a hypocrite Hope?" Percy was grinding his teeth.

"Well, I mean, there was the time when I caught you and Annabeth in the cabin on my be..." He quickly put a hand over my mouth and looked around to see if anyone was there. When he let go, I smirked at him. "So don't lecture me about kissing."

"Fine." Percy sighed resigned. "So you're together?"

"Uh huh." I nodded in assent. Percy suddenly brightened up and I looked suspiciously at him. "What are you thinking?"

"I am your older brother, right?"

"What are you playing at?" I asked, exasperated.

"Therefore, it's my duty to threaten all of my younger sister's boyfriends." With that in mind, Percy strode to the edge of the woods and dragged Kyle off to who knows where to do who knows what.

I went off, shaking my head, to the archery range. A horde of people were following me, about 80% of them being the Aphrodite cabin begging for details. The other 20% was some of the Apollo cabin. Now them, I was worried about. Will Solace came to me as I was throwing my knives.

"Can we talk?"

I turned to him. "If this is because of Kyle and me then piss off."

"Kyle and I." an Athena camper said. I turned around with a frightening glare and the poor camper nearly peed his pants.

Will shrugged his shoulders. "I mean, I just want to know that you won't hurt him in anyway."

"I won't."

Will looked relieved. "Well, we're good then." He started walking back toward cabin 7. Then he turned back around. "Listen, Hope, if you do, then let's just say, Kyle has a lot of siblings."

"Yeah, I got it already." Throwing another knife at the target, I could still hear the whispers and giggles of the Aphrodite cabin. I couldn't take it anymore. Stabbing a knife straight into the table, I yelled, "Can you guys shut up? Yes! Me and Kyle kissed! So what?! Stop making it such a big deal!"

When I stopped, the Aphrodite cabin backed off. I was still in a bad mood when I stomped in for breakfast. Then I saw Kyle. He looked traumatized and I hurried over to his table.

"What the Hades did Percy do to you?"

"Your brother is really scary sometimes, do you know that?" was my unsatisfactory answer.

Going straight to Percy, I put my hands on my hips. "What did you do?"

Percy looked a little smug. "Just gave him a little warning. Don't worry Hope, he'll snap out of it by lunchtime."

"He'd better."

Thankfully, he did. When lunchtime came around, Kyle was his usual sunny self, cracking jokes and smiling. When I asked him what Percy did, he answered, "It's nothing Hope, really. Now that I think about it, it was pretty funny. Anyway, do you want to duel with me after lunch?"

***

Summer passed by quickly. Before I knew it, Kyle and I were sitting on a picnic blanket looking at the stars. "I can't believe you're leaving tomorrow." I sighed, resting my head on his shoulder.

Kyle put an arm around me. "Hey, I'll come back during breaks."

We didn't get expelled from our prep school thanks to Chiron who manipulated the Mist to make the adults think that Mrs. Baker was a teacher who was mistreating her class and Kyle and I were the courageous ones who tried to tell a teacher. I thought that story was BS and I told Chiron that but he shut me up with "Would you rather be expelled?" Although it didn't really matter in my case, because I decided to stay year-round. I knew that "the real world is where the monsters are" and all of that but I liked camp and I didn't really want to pull a Percy and start getting expelled at every school I went to. Mom went ballistic, of course. I couldn't really tell her that I was a demigod so I told her that I found a new school to go to. Not the best idea. Mom went all, "I need to see this school. Does it have a website? It's a boarding school?!" Finally I had to ask Chiron to come and manipulate the Mist. After that, there was no trouble.