Meeting Up With the Trio

My mind went blank. It's not like I didn't know this was going to happen but it was still a shock that events would move so soon. I staggered back and Annabeth quickly grabbed my arm to steady me. "I'm so sorry, Hope. I shouldn't have told you."

I shook my head. "No, I'm fine, I'm fine." My voice sounded dead. "Just... get me Kyle, will you."

Annabeth quickly ran out and came back dragging Kyle by the ear. I heard him complain. "What's wrong Annabeth? Were you crying? Ow! That hurts!" Then he saw my face. Quickly running over to me, he whispered in my ear, "What's wrong?"

"Percy." I whispered back.

The reaction was immediate. His face paled and he muttered, "Already?"

"If Percy's missing, then that means three days later, we're going to meet Leo, Piper, and Jason." I start overthinking. "Should we tell them? About Jason, I mean. Or should we not? In the summer, should we go find Percy in California?"

Kyle shook me by the shoulders. "You were the one who said, 'Go with the flow,' so let's just follow your advice. I get that you're shocked but still don't panic attack on me please."

"All right." To Annabeth, I made a suggestion. "I don't think Percy just went home. Whatever happened, it's big and we need to get the god's help so maybe you should ask the gods or something. I know Olympus is closed, but still, it never hurts to try."

Annabeth's face lit up with hope. "I'll Iris-message the hunters too. Thalia would be worried."

"Great idea."

Annabeth ran out with new purpose in her step and I felt terrible. I was giving her false hope. The hunters wouldn't be able to help and I knew that, but I needed to cheer her up.

Following Percy's disappearance, the camp was abuzz with rumors and Kyle had to stop me from pummeling Drew Tanaka when I heard her with Cabin 10 saying, "I bet Percy just ran off. I mean, who can blame him, with a girlfriend like that." I still managed to get in a few good punches before he pulled me off so it was worth it. After 2 days, the camp calmed down and reality set in. Percy was missing. A dragon was loose in the woods, and although I knew Leo would be able to use it, it was hard to feel sympathetic toward Festus when you were called in the middle of the night to put out fires. The mood in camp was at an all time low when suddenly, Annabeth came running over to me with a big smile on her face.

"Hera gave me a message! Apparently, there are these Demigods to be brought into camp tomorrow. If I go there, I'll meet a guy with one shoe. That guy will help me!" Annabeth's voice sounded breathless. "I mean, I know it's Hera that gave me this information,but it's all I've got right now. Oh, and you're part of the rescue team."

"What?!" I was shocked.

"Well, I mean, you are the best with the pegasi. They love you. You're the obvious choice. Plus, I'm going to need some support. Will already said he's going to lend us his chariot so we're all set for transportation. It's just me and you."

Okay... so now I'm replacing Butch? "That's great!" I said, internally wondering if I had to say what Butch said. Better safe than sorry.

The next morning, I strapped up the pegasi to the chariot and we took off. As we neared the school, I saw what I assumed to be Leo on the floor and Piper and Jason standing over him. We landed and Annabeth quickly got out. "Where is he?"

I winced. Not exactly the best first impression. "What about Gleeson? What happened to your protector, Gleeson Hedge?" Okay, this would not do. I jumped out of the chariot.

"Annabeth, calm down. They obviously don't know anything. And their protector probably did his job and got carried away by monsters. Am I right?" I turned to meet their faces and I did a double take. They looked exactly like the book described them. Jason had the electric blue eyes and the windswept perfect hair while Leo was a Latino elf. Rick Riordan really did give him justice on that description. And Piper was gorgeous, with her multi-color eyes. And all three of them were staring at me like I was nuts. Well, Jason and Piper were staring at me like I was nuts. Leo was staring at me like a lovesick puppy. "And Leo, I have a boyfriend." I added.