Enchiladas Gets Electrocuted

First, woke up, sitting in a little café. Then, I thought I heard someone scream, "Mother!"

That must be Piper.

Immediately, I gripped the table, thinking we were falling.

No, we're not falling. Relax.

Piper sat next to me, looking at my clothes with a mixture of admiration and horror. Praying to the gods that it wouldn't be that bad, I looked down.

It was cool. I guess.

A tight Pentatonix t-shirt with these super-skinny skinny jeans and a leather jacket.

And combat boots.

Ok, I'll admit, I looked pretty good.

But still!

"How the Hades am I going to fight in this outfit?!" I bent my leg experimentally. They didn't give much.

Piper was trying not to laugh. "Haven't you worn skinny jeans before?"

I frowned. "I love skinny jeans, but mine could give, you know? So I could run and stuff. But these! These are terrible!" I sighed. "At least my hair is in its regular ponytail."

Piper raised her eyebrows. "Um, yeah."

"Oh, no." I looked at my waist-length hair in the reflection of pole that held the umbrella. The image was blurry but I could tell that my I now had a black-blue-white ombre style going on.

I looked at Jason, who was rubbing his eyes. "See! Why does he just get a fresh set of clothes and I get a full on makeover!"

Leo whistled. "You really don't like new clothes, do you? Hey, just look at it this way. You both are going to be the best dressed warriors in town."

"Leo, look in the mirror, will you?" I asked dryly.

"What... Oh." He turned around, letting us all admire his Ray Ban sunglasses and suspenders with a hat that made him look like he was from the 1900's. "You know, Hope. I get your point."

"Oh, I think you look great." Coach Hedge looked like some kind of abstract art. He took the blue carnation out of his coat pocket and ate it.

"How did we get here anyway?" Piper asked.

"Oh, that was all Mellie. Those winds shot us halfway across the country and we would have been crushed on impact but she gave us a nice soft landing. I happen to have that kind of effect on nymphs. Now that is a nymph I can raise a bunch of baby goats with."

I gagged. "The mental images.. Just stop."

Piper nodded. "I agree. I feel sick." She brought out a bunch of bills. "Let's have some coffee."

Piper told us about her dream and about Gaea. I wasn't that surprised, considering I'd read the books a few times, but everybody else was. Which was actually kind of surprising, considering that we had so many clues hinting to our enemy being Gaea. But I kind of knew by now that sometimes Demigods are very bad at seeing the obvious. I mean, just look at Percy.

Coach Hedge actually started telling us some surprisingly useful information. I wasn't paying attention as I was more engrossed in eating my scones. I was hungry, don't judge. Anyway, when it seemed that they finished talking and it was time to start going up Mount Diablo, I got up with Coach Hedge right behind me. "Let's go kick some butt!"

Coach Hedge smiled. "Now that's what I'm talking about!"

When the taxi broke down, all of us started hiking up the mountain. The road was packed and it should have been hard enough for us to walk on without our feet getting stuck but of course, Mother Nature was our enemy so that stuff was just a pipe dream. Leo started to make something while we were walking. Watching his fingers fiddle around with the pieces was actually really distracting, but I needed to concentrate on not getting tired.