Our Quest Begins

I was mad. Mad at Kyle for even trying to get my hopes up. Mad at myself for actually getting my hopes up. Mad at the Oracle for putting me into this quest that I wasn't even supposed to be in and completely decimating my hopes. After that prophecy was done, everybody around me started whispering and pointing. Annabeth herself seemed pretty shocked but she quickly composed her face. "Well, Jason is obviously the child of lightning and..."

I interrupted her. "And I'm obviously the girl of the sea. So, nice to meet you Jason. I'm officially part of this quest."

Jason looked at me like I was crazy. I couldn't really blame him. We didn't really know each other and he first met me when he couldn't remember anything, his best friend was just thrown off a cliff and rescued by a goat man who was then captured by venti. And I didn't really make things any better by threatening to kill his best friend. Yeah, all in all, not the best first impression. He cleared his throat. "Well, the forge is the symbol of Hephaestus, isn't it?"

Nyssa stood up. I felt bad for her, even though I knew she wouldn't be going on this quest. Her face looked so beaten down. "Well, I'm senior camper now. I volunteer." Inside my head, I cheered Leo on. Come on Leo. Volunteer. Sure enough, he did and I relaxed. Everything was going as planned. Then, I heard Drew's ultimate bratty voice. "...I am totally yours." No no no, not going to happen. Then Piper spoke up and I found myself paying attention. If this was being charm spoken, it didn't seem that bad, compared to what I imagined it to be like. I still hated it though. I knew that it wasn't really me thinking those things but I found myself nodding along. It was like my mind was being played with and manipulated like putty. Thankfully, that feeling wore off pretty quickly. I wanted to see Piper's claiming and I wasn't disappointed. Her outfit was gorgeous and as much as I hated Aphrodite because of how superficial she acted at times, I had to admit, she knew her stuff. Piper looked completely natural in her makeup but I could also tell she was uncomfortable, especially when Jason called out, "Piper, you're a knockout." I didn't really pay attention to the rest of the sing along as it was just whispering and quest talk and singing terrible songs that I had to say were growing on me. Still, after the sing along, I got up and walked toward Cabin 10 with purpose.

"Drew, we need to talk."

Drew looked at me and rolled her eyes. "What?"

"If you ever think about antagonizing Piper in any way tomorrow, you are going to find yourself swimming with the fishies, do you understand?" I gave her my ultimate evil eyes and I inwardly smirked when I saw her flinch.

"You wouldn't want to do that."

I wanted to agree with her. I wanted to say 'No, of course not.' Then I realized that she was charmspeaking me. I shook the feeling off and looked at her confident face. She was sure that her "gift" was going to get her out of this. I stalked toward her, glaring. "Listen, Drew. There are a few things that you shouldn't do in Camp Half-Blood. One, annoy the Stoll brothers. Two, annoy the Ares cabin. And three, annoy me. And I think trying to charmspeak me seriously puts you in danger of annoying me, no don't you think?"

Drew's face was horrified. "How? What? I don't get it... Did I lose control or something?"

I turned around and started walking back to Cabin 3. "And don't you even think about putting Mitchell on garbage patrol." I laughed to myself, imagining Drew's shocked face.

The next day, I was woken up by some of the satyrs barging into my cabin and shaking my bed. "Save us Hope! It's the dragon!" I was not happy to be woken up in such a manner. Actually, I wasn't happy to be woken up at all. Let's just say, I'm not a morning person. Well, I am, but 5:15 in the morning? I yawned and slowly got out of bed, thanking the gods that I had the foresight to just wear my quest clothes to bed and to pre-pack a backpack with everything I would need. Stumbling out of the cabin, I rubbed my eyes when I caught a glance of Festus. He was beautiful. There was no other way to describe him. I'd seen him before, but never like this. His great bronze wings were huge and it was awe inspiring. I heard Leo shout, "People of Earth, I come in peace!" and I started laughing. Everybody stared at me with a dumbfounded expression, probably wondering, Why is Hope laughing at a dragon that could potentially destroy us all?

Ignoring them, I called up to Leo. "Is this our ride?"

"Yep! We should really get going now though. All these people with weapons are making Festus nervous."

"All right." I hopped on, with Jason and Piper right behind me. As we took off into the sky, I heard Kyle's voice.

"Stay alive!"

I yelled back at him. "I will!"

Leo looked back at me. "I'm guessing that's the boyfriend you were talking about?"

"Yeah. Kyle. Apollo kid."

"Oh, well. Hey Jason?"

"What is it Leo?" Jason sounded worried which I couldn't really blame him for. I mean, if I had a super hyper best friend who also was pretty annoying at times, I would be a bit worried as to what he was going to ask.

"Where are we going again?"

I face palmed. Hard. Like really hard. And I had a feeling that Jason and Piper did too. We're off to a great start, aren't we.

>>------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Hello again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, I entered this Cover Contest  hosted by @-iqxahx and the cover is called  Fell From The Sky, Adopted By Nico DiAngelo. Note: It's my first time doing anything like this so...

LUV IT OR ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOLLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-MEA