I Get Turned into Gold. Almost.

It was official.

I was never going into the air again.

I never really had the best relationship with flying things, with Uncle Zeus being all crazy and paranoid and all.

And now, I just had one too many traumatic experiences in the sky.

Namely, falling to my death.

At least this time, I wasn't flailing around in the air.

This time, I was on a malfunctioning dragon.

Which could be worse, actually, now that I think about it.

To say Leo was upset was an understatement. "No, not again! You can't do this again!" Whatever he was doing wasn't working since we were still spiraling down, about to crash in a city. Finally, he seemed to get what was wrong. "Jason, take Piper and Hope out of here. Land somewhere safe! I need to reboot Festus and you guys are all too heavy. Just follow me down! Come on!"

Jason took both of our hands and leaped off the dragon. As I expected, it wasn't much better. We were still too heavy for just Jason to handle. And all three of us knew it. Piper looked at me. "There's a river down there. Can't you do what you did back in Medea's store and just surf behind us?"

Jason looked at me hopefully.

I sighed. "It's not that simple Piper. I mean, I have to concentrate a lot to get the wave going and Leo's going toward that mansion and that brick fence looks really tall and..."

Jason cut me off. "But you can try, right? Because if you don't, I don't think I can hold onto both of you any longer."

Both of them stared at me with that look in their eyes. "Ok, fine. Let go of me, Jason. Let's do this."

As I hurtled through the air, I thought I gave myself a migraine from concentrating so hard. It was worth it though. The water rose up to catch me and I followed Jason and Piper toward the mansion, making sure my wave was high enough to clear the fence.

Piper started cheering. "Great job, Hope! Keep it up!"

I grimaced. My head was starting to hurt again and my vision got fuzzy for a while. "No talking right now, Piper. I'm concentrating."

"Oh. Got it."

Leo hurtled down toward the mansion and I followed him into the yard. By then, I was barely holding on to consciousness. As I fell to the ground, my eyes closed and I blacked out.

When I woke up again, I saw Leo crying over the broken body of Festus. "No! No, you can't go!" When Festus died, Leo prayed to his dad, asking him to take the head back to Bunker 9. Jason and Piper exchanged confused looks but I knew exactly what he was talking about.

After Leo calmed down a bit, we headed inside. Although not without Leo disabling the most random booby traps ever. Like seriously? An exploding doorbell? I knew King Midas was crazy but this was just going over the line. Add that to the fact that the door was unlocked and, well, let's just say, I was not happy to have to meet my second lunatic in 2 days. At least I thought it was two days. Time was weird in quests.

It was dark inside and it seemed like there was nothing to do but sleep. The thing was, I didn't want to sleep. I was not interested in having another talking to with my godly great grandmother. I sat down on the floor, leaning against the sofa, listening to another one of Leo and Jason's bro-talks.

"Leo, I'm sorry for what I said back in Chicago. I mean, I don't know where I got all that stuff. You're amazing and I... I really am sorry."

Leo sighed and I smiled, looking forward to his speech about being annoying and Jason being the perfect person that he was. "Seriously, Jason, don't insult my ability to annoy. How am I supposed to resent you if you apologize? That's just not fair. Plus, I'm supposed to resent you."