I Become the Most Important Person on this Quest

I shivered, my teeth chattering. We were huddled in a cave and a storm raged outside the opening. I leaned closer to the fire and tried to warm up my hands. Snow seemed to find me wherever I sat. Leo got a huge laugh out of that. He seemed to think that I had the worst luck out of everybody in this quest. But I knew better. Khione was being the annoying, grudge holding, evil snow goddess that she was. I scooted over, closer to Piper. She was shaking, her forehead shiny with sweat. I was worried about her. We did as much as we could but nobody in our group was really qualified to heal anyone. I didn't count Coach Hedge. His idea of sports medicine was just messed up. As I sat, looking after Piper, she suddenly opened her eyes.

"Oh my god." She gasped.

"Gods." I couldn't help but add.

Jason glared at me and leaned over to tuck a blanket around her. "Don't worry, you're all right. You did get hypothermia though. We gave you as much nectar as we could and Coach Hedge did some nature magic."

"I wouldn't really call that magic." I scoffed. "Piper doesn't look that great. She needs something warm. You know, hot chocolate, maybe a warmer jacket, not being in the snow, all those things."

"You think I don't know that?" Jason sounded annoyed. To be fair, I was being annoying. "Can't you stop with the snarky comments for once?" He looked at Piper. "Hope is right though. You don't mind if I..."

I nearly laughed at the awkwardness of it all. Both of them were trying desperately to stay calm.

They were failing.

Miserably.

And it was hilarious to watch.

Leo cleared his throat. "Well, if the lovebirds can pay attention for a few minutes, I have something to tell you."

We all turned our heads.

"So anyway, I had this dream. I mean, it was a little hard to understand with all the signals messed up but the important thing is my dad talked to me."

He told us all about his dream, along with the warning Hephaestus gave about the sons of Gaea. After he finished, silence reigned.

"Well. That's a lot to take in. My brain's starting to go on overload." I said, mostly to break the awkward silence.

"Yeah. There's more though. Think you're overloaded brain can handle it?" Jason asked, eyebrows raised.

To his surprise, I started laughing. "Jason says something sarcastic! This requires a celebration! I have hope in you yet."

"Oh, shut up Hope." Jason's voice had lost his bite.

"I knew I'd grow on you someday."

"Don't get your hopes up. I still think you're useless." Jason made a dismissive motion with his hand.

I opened my mouth to give him a verbal beating but Piper interrupted me. "Jason, what were you going to say?"

The annoying amnesiac voiced his suspicions on somebody *cough, cough, Khione* manipulating the gods. As expected by our little ragtag group of Demigods and a satyr, silence fell after this "new" revelation. Leo was warming up some burgers and it made the whole cave smell awesome but I couldn't relax. I knew what was coming, those stupid werewolves, and it was torture. Knowing things but not being able to say them, just because you didn't want to mess up the future. That had to be the most stressful thing in the world.

After Coach Hedge enlightened us on his age and his view on nature, Piper finally opened up about being a spy. I felt bad for her. She looked like she was expecting everyone to hate her. I patted her on the back. She looked at me with shock evident on her face. "Why are you like this? I was ordered to kill you!"