Chapter 3

"I never realized how much clothes you have." Caine whines after we've finished packing.

"Compared to other girls, I'm a monk." 

It's true, I can fit my entire wardrobe in only two suitcases, with extra room to spare. Then again, my closet only consists of leather jackets, graphic tshirts, skinny jeans, and combat boots. Of course, I have some dresses but I only wear those to formal events... or when I go to the club.

"You know, I kind of think I'll miss you." Caine says with a half smile.

"I'd say I'd miss you too, but I'm such a horrible liar." I joke.

"Oh come here." Caine says as he crushes me into a hug.

"My baby sister is leaving me!" He fake sobs.

I hug him back and we stand like that for a while.

"Okay, I'd better hit the road." I say after a moment.

Caine clears his throat before saying, "Yeah."

We walk down to our garage. Personally, I drive a bike. Though, Dad and Caine are sports cars all the way. 

"I take it you're leaving Jezebel behind?" Caine asks.

Jezebel is what I named my bike. Yes, I named her, don't judge!

Caine has a point, I have no where to put my suitcases.

"I guess so, I'll come back for her one day." I sigh.

Caine suddenly throws me his keys.

"Here, you can take my car."

"You're joking, right?"

Caine would never let anyone else drive his ride, never.

"It gives me a reason to hope you come back." He says with a cheeky smile.

I playfully punch him in the arm.

"Kidding, I'm kidding. No, I really want you to take my car with you."

"But why?"

"We'll switch until you come back. I'll ride Jezebel while you drive around my car."

"Deal." I say, holding out my hand for an official shake.

"The sun will be down in an hour, I highly suggest leaving now." Caine says, while looking up at the sky from the windows.

"Okay, see ya." 

"Bye. Love you sis."

"I love you too, give boss man a kiss for me. I'll see you soon." I wink and  with that, I go to the car and he goes back inside. My family has never been one for extravagant goodbyes, but we love each other and that should be all that counts.

After stuffing my bags into the trunk, I slip into the Porsche's driver seat.

Dang, I can see why Caine never lets anyone near this thing. Why he trusts me with it, I'm not sure. Maybe if I wreck it, he'll wreck Jezebel. I would absolutely kill him if he did that.

I pull out of the driveway that seems to stretch forever.

I switch on the radio and settle on the classic rock station.

Don't get me wrong, I like current pop music just fine, but they're called classics for a reason.

Bad Reputation by Joan Jett starts playing.

Oh my god! This is my theme song!

Three minutes later, I have completed the best car concert performance ever.