Chapter 5

"Asshole, I was sleeping." I say into my phone.

"Now that is no way to talk to your father."

"Oh shit - I mean whoops- hi Dad."

"I'm just kidding, it's your amazing brother." Caine says with a laugh.

''Not cool, bro."

"No need trying to get beauty sleep, you'll never be a good as this." He says.

I can only picture him signaling to himself.

Not to be cocky or anything, actually screw it, I can be as cocky as I want. My brother and I both come from good genes, point is we're totally smokin'. 

I have long brown hair to my waist with sparkling blue eyes. I'm 5'4 with an hour glass figure.

Caine has the same color hair, but pale brown eyes. The biggest difference between us is the fact that he is 6'4. Not to mention that his muscles are the size of my head.

"Whatever. Why'd you call?" I ask.

"Can't a brother just call his little sister to check up on her?"

"No." I say.

Not my brother, it is always about someone or something.

"Point taken. When are you coming back? No one is around to make me breakfast." He whines.

I instantly start laughing, "Don't worry I went to the grocery store last week and stocked up on Toaster Strudel."

"But I don't like-"

"I got the strawberry flavor."

"Yes! Thanks Phoenix!"

"You're welcome." I say with a chuckle.

"Ah, I found them. Dang, there are like ten boxes in here."

"Twelve actually, they should last you long enough."

"Score!"

"Caine?"

"Yeah?"

"You do realize you're supposed to leave me alone so that I can heal?"

"And what have you done so far?"

"Umm I went clubbing."

He can stay in the dark about that rogue.