Chapter 6

"Let her go." The sex god growls to the other wolves.

If I had any doubts about him being my mate, he just confirmed it.

No, Hunters don't have mates but I know werewolves do. I've seen plenty of other werewolves and let me tell you, they are one good looking species, what a shame they have to die.

But this guy puts them all to shame.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out these people are werewolves. With all these what are you questions and Mr. Sexy Pants over here, I think it's safe to assume.

"What?" One of the guys says, shocked.

"Alec, let her go now." He says in Alpha command.

Alpha command? Oh hell no! An Alpha?

Fate is screwed up to begin with, pairing me up with a werewolf. Now it has completely lost its mind.

An Alpha mate? An Alpha killed my Mum. I'll be damned if I stay with this guy. Not that I planned to stay with a regular werewolf either.

One thing that I know for sure, is that I'm escaping and going back to the Clan as soon as possible.

"Okay." Alec says, unlocking my cuffs.

"Leave." He says to the other wolves.

Battle strategies run through my mind. Shit, I have no weapons. It is a total suicide mission to fight an Alpha without unarmed.

"Wanna go for a walk?" He asks after a moment.

"I guess so."

Five minutes later, we are strolling through a random garden. It's more like a maze, with all of these tall rose hedges.

"Veronica, right?"

Oh, so they really don't know who I am? I'm kind of insulted.

"Yes, and you are?"

"Griffin."

"So, I take it you guys aren't cops."

"Is that what they told you?" His eyes sparkle in amusement.

"Oh yeah, they were definitely lying." I say sarcastically.

"Correct. So why do you think you're here?" 

"I'm not sure, you tell me."

"Someone was killed yesterday, murdered." He says, choosing his words carefully.