Chapter 12

I push myself harder an harder, looking over my shoulder every five minutes. How had the rogues found out about me? I know that killed Garrett, but how did they? Obviously they knew he was dead.

The only way they could have know was if someone told them. But that would mean there was a snitch in Wolf Claw. Even if there was, who else in the pack knew that I had been the to kill that rogue? Did Griffin tell everybody? No. He wouldn't do that. It would be stupid of him to do.

The only people who knew were Griffin, Roman, Nate, and Chris. Nate and Chris are to dumb to find connections with rogues and keep it a secret. Roman is beyond loyal. And what Alpha would plot against his own pack?

I can assume Griffin told his Beta and Third. Maybe it was them, but I haven't met either of them.

What if the rogues have been trespassing for a while now? Griffin had told me that Garrett had been the first. But what if he was wrong?

They got into my room. They got into Griffin's house. They got onto Wolf Claw territory. Undetected.

How long had they been watching me? Had they been watching as I told Garrett my true identity and killed him? No, they would have stepped in as soon as I had hold of a knife.

I can't believe I stayed this long.

I'm a Hunter, trained to hate and kill werewolves. Where am I now? Living with werewolves and mated to an Alpha.

I'm a threat to the pack. I could turn around and kill them all, or they could kill me. As new Luna I get a lot of attention from the outside. Someone will come looking, and one day someone would have recognized me.

I need to leave, get back to the Clan. When I leave, I'll take the rogue threat with me.

I emerge onto a road. I try to remember which way Roman drove this morning. Left, he most defiantly turned left.

I run along the road, hidden by trees in case someone drives by. About fifteen minutes later, I jog into town. I swipe the sweat off my face.

I walk down the sidewalk, trying to blend in by not running. I look over my shoulder. It feels like I'm being watched. And I probably am.

I finally make my to my former dream apartment. I curse under my breath as I shake the door knob. It's locked.

I look around me. My neighbors don't seem to be home, so they won't hear anything.

I take a few steps back before lifting my legs and ramming my combat boot onto the door. It flies open.

Where are the damn car keys?

I rampage through the entire house. Where the hell are they?

"Looking for these?" A husky voice asks behind me.