Chapter 8

• Griffin's POV •

My wolf growls lightly at me as I exit Veronica's room.

Why can't we be with our mate? He growls.

You know we have stuff to deal with. Besides, she doesn't really seem to want us there. I mean she didn't even want to sleep in the same room as us.

Of course she wants us, she is our mate.

Yeah, but she is human. Do you think she even feels the bond?

Probably, know any other wolves with human mates?

Never heard of them.

You're forgetting someone.

Really?

Jacob Black. My wolf smirks.

Dude, that movie is ancient.

But yet you've watched it.

Mum made me watch it with her, and you know it. Besides his mate was half vampire. I have high doubts Veronica is a blood sucker.

I hope not.

How we found her scent on that dead rogue's body I have no clue.

It better not be the way I'm thinking of.

A growl rumbles deep within my chest. My mate is meant for me and my eyes only. No exceptions.

"Griffin, we have a problem." My Beta, Alec, says.

I've just walked into my office that is in the West wing of the pack house. Some Alphas live in the pack house with everyone, I have no clue how they do it. When I go home no body messes with me. AT ALL.

I'm not a morning person at all, so do you really think that it is a good idea to wake me up?

"What?" I snap.

My wolf is irritated because we aren't with Veronica, and it's starting to rub off on me.

"Xavier, the dead rogue. You remember him?"

"Of course I do."

"Yeah, well his buddies are starting to get more consistent with their threats."

"Such as?"

"We've been finding their scents on the border. More than we thought."