Chapter 10

"Veronica, will you please let me in." Griffin says quietly.

"No." I yell back.

Casey. The bitch is Griffin's betrothed.

He is fucking betrothed!

Not only is he with someone else, but he is already gonna be with someone else for the rest of his life.

I don't know why, but I'm more hurt than angry. And believe me, I'm ready to blow my top and I nearly did.

In the heat of the moment I was so close to revealing my real identity. I caught myself just before it was too late. Now I'm upstairs, locked in my room.

"I told you it's over between me and her."

"Bull shit!" I yell back,"You're bethrothed."

"No, I used to be bethrothed. All deals are off."

"Why? Why has it suddenly dissappeared into mid air?"

"Because I have a mate now."

"Oh, so now that I'm here you've lost all of your feelings for Casey." I say sarcastically.

"Yes."

"You're just like every other guy I've dated. I should've stayed with Rex, because he isn't bethrothed and never lied to me. Unlike you, he loved me!" I yell.

Tears prick my eyes, but I force them back. Griffin is nothing but a werewolf, why the hell does he diserve my tears?

A feral growl echoes through out the house.

Moments later I realize what I actually said. Is there anything worse I could've said?

Seconds later the door goes flying off the hinges. I look up at Griffin. His once pale blue eyes, are a burning amber.

"Mine." He roars.

Within the next moment I'm pushed against the wall.

"Who's Rex?" He growls.

"Nobody to you."

"Damn right, and he shouldn't be anything to you."

"He's a big part of my history."

And my Clan, I add in my head.

"I don't want to ever hear you talk about him or any other male."

"What is this, the 1800's?"

"You're mine, and only mine. If any other male does anything as much as look your way, I'll kill them."

There is so much I could say but for the first time in my life I know when to keep my mouth shut.

-----------------------

"So what are we gonna do today?" I ask.

Griffin and I are in my room. He is pacing while I'm slouched over on the bed.

We've both blown off steam since yesturday, but that doesn't mean I've completely forgotten.

"We aren't doing anything. I have to leave when Roman comes, Alpha business never let's up."

"Who's Roman?"

"My pack warrior."

"That's the best fighter in the pack, right?"

"No." He frowns.

"Then who is?"

"Me." He says before lunging at me.

He presses me against the bed.

I start laughing hysterical as he begins tickling.

"No - Stop -" I say in between heavy breathes.

"This is your punishment for thinking Roman was a better fighter than your Alpha."

"I'm sorry." I say.

Tears prick my eyes, I can't even get any more air into my lungs to laugh.

"Nope, not good enough."

"Griffin you're such an amazing fighter, we all strive to be exactly like you." I cry out sarcastically.

"That's more like it."

His fingers stop moving. Now it's just him. On top of me. On a bed.

I seem to get trapped in his pale blue eyes. They're the fresh color of ice.

I cough slightly and move out from under him.

He runs his hand through his messy dark brown hair. His eyes flicker towards my suitcase.

"Was it Halloween?" He asks.

"What?"

He reaches down into my suitcase and pulls out the group picture of the Clan. I begin to panic instantly.

"You guys are all dressed up. I say it was either Halloween or your family dresses to impress."

I chuckle slightly. "Second option for sure."

"Hmm, you all look like a bunch of assassins."

I feel the color drain from my face.

"Veronica, relax. It was just a joke."

"Yeah, yeah."

"Is this your Mum?" He says while pointing to Aunt Ronnie.

"No that's my aunt."

"Oh?"