Chapter 14

Yesterday was the only thing I'd thought about today. Did Griffin really love me? How could he? It has to be the mate bond speaking.

But the look in his eyes when I told him that he couldn't mark me, he looked beyond hurt. I felt cold as soon as he left the room, not to mention horrible.

In the heat of the moment a big part of me wanted to be marked by the sex god that I was mated to, but the other part of me remembered what I was. Who I was. If I'd been marked yesterday, I would do nothing but regret it if we'd completed the bond.

As of right now the house is completely empty, beside myself. Tonight is a full moon, hence full moon run.

Surprisingly I'm not going to use this opportunity to run. Just not tonight. I don't have the physical or mental energy.

It would also be one of my dumbest ideas. Considering it's a full moon, Griffin's wolf is at his strongest point. So, his senses would be at their best and the bond would call him to me.

If I ran on such a windy night, he'd smell me without a doubt. I also know that Griffin can feel when I get far away from him. The mate bond most definitely has a lot of negatives.

No, it's all negative! It's tying you emotional to a werewolf!

I look out my window and the full moon takes my breath away. I've never seen it so close.

I need to get out.

Without guards, I'm able to walk right out the front door. I run through the forest, loving the feel of pine straw and dirt on my raw feet.

The moon lights my way through the woods and seems to lead me to a clearing. 

The soft grass seems to wrap around my feet each step I take. I make my way towards the lake that has a soft glow due to the night sky stars and moon.

I dip my feet into the water, silently watching the water ripple.

I clench the grass in my hands just for the feel. I lay my head back and stare up at the sky.

I point out the big dipper to myself. It's nights like these that I wish I knew more star formations so that I could try finding them.

A strong wind blows through the trees, sending shivers down my back. I'm in a tank top and shorts, wishing I'd covered up more.

I look up when I hear that the pine straw is still rustling. Footsteps.

Instantly, my first thought is rogue, but a large copper wolf emerges in their place.

Griffin.

I see his memorizing wolf step behind a large tree. I glance down as Griffin walks back onto the field in human form.

He silently sits down next to me.

"Why aren't you leading the pack for the run?" I ask quietly.