{Epilogue}

Epilogue

Katie Morris, self-proclaimed matchmaker of Sundance, Texas. Katie smiled to herself thinking about it. How would people know who they love if someone wasn’t around to point them in the right direction?

“What do you think, Ben? Good idea?” Katie asked the fading wooden cross.

She could almost hear him say that she shouldn’t be snooping in everyone else’s business.

“It’s not like I’m in their business. They take charge of the relationship, I just point them in the right direction” Katie defended herself against the silence.

She could nearly see Ben shaking his head.

“Oh, don’t give me that. Can’t you see that I’m desperate? Since I don’t have you anymore, I’ll just help other people fall in love. It’ll be fine” Katie waved the silent comment off with her hand.

*You’ll get into tons of trouble, Katie*

“I won’t get into trouble. It’s not like I’ll stalk people or anything,” Katie said.

She must have looked crazy sharing a conversation with the silence. A lonely woman didn’t have too many ways to carry on a conversation, anyway. Besides, it made her feel better to talk to herself.

Standing, she figured she had better get back to the ranch before Toni left politicking without her. The woman was intent on getting that annoying Adam Sterling elected as Sheriff, and it was exasperating.

“Bye, Ben” Katie caressed the cross with her hand and smiled. “I love you.”

She walked away humming. Though she still hurt with the loss of the love of her life, she had accepted the fact that she would never love again, and was okay with that. Ben was worth it. What they had could never be forgotten or replaced.

Little did she know that God had some plans that would outweigh her decision and challenge her faith.