Chapter 2

Chapter 2

“You look stunning by the way.”

Even in the dimly lit restaurant, Cheryl could see Kimberley blush at her compliment. In a short, blue dress which covered her shoulders but flaunted a dangerous amount of cleavage, Kimberley was indeed stunning and Cheryl couldn’t help resting a hand on her exposed thigh while she spoke. Something she was quite sure she wouldn’t have dared do if it wasn’t for the fact that their table was in a very secluded corner of the restaurant. The half bottle of wine making its way into her blood stream was helping quite nicely in the confidence department too.

“Thanks” Kimberley grinned, her heart jumping into her throat as she felt Cheryl’s gentle touch. Cheryl had been complimenting her all night and shooting her sexy little looks while they talked but Kimberley, not wanting to make a fool of herself, had tried not to read too much into it. But now, Cheryl’s hand was on her thigh and it wasn’t going anywhere. God, Nicola would love this! Maybe she was right after all…she thought.

“I wasn’t really sure what to wear because I didn’t know where we were going. This place is amazing though. I’ve wanted to come here for ages! How did you manage to get a table at such short notice?” Kimberley asked taking another gulp of wine to steady her nerves.

“Ah the owner’s of these kinds of places love having well-known people in because it gets them lots of publicity. To be honest I usually prefer more low key places but I thought I better pull out all the stops if I’m gonna make up for last night!” she joked.

“Will you stop? I’ve already told you there’s nothing to make up for.”

Gathering every ounce of courage she had, she placed her hand over Cheryl’s which was still resting happily on her thigh. “I’m just enjoying spending time with you.”

It was Cheryl’s turn to blush. “Me too.” She replied flashing a wide smile at her date. Both sat in silence for a moment enjoying the moment. Cheryl was the first to break the silence.

“Kimberley, I think you’re so…”

“Excuse me. Are you Cheryl Cole?” Both girls looked up to see a boy of about nineteen standing beside their table clutching a piece of paper and a pen.

Cheryl removed her hand from Kimberley’s thigh quickly but Kimberley could only think about what Cheryl was about to say. What? You think I’m so... what?

“You are aren’t you?” he pressed.

“Eh...no…well yeah…I mean…its Tweedy now.” Cheryl sighed. Over a year on since their divorce, people were still giving her Ashley’s name.

“Oh right yeah. Sorry Cheryl. I’m sorry to disturb you but my girlfriend loves you! I think she only watches the X Factor because you’re on it! Anyway, it’s her birthday at the weekend and well, do you think I could have your autograph for her?”

Just looking at the nervous expression on the boy’s face Cheryl couldn’t stay p!ssed off over the name thing.

“Course ya can pet. She’s very lucky to have a thoughtful fella like you. I hope this isn’t all you’re getting her though. I mean, she might like me but I’d say she’d like jewelry more.” Cheryl joked with him as she signed her name.

“Yeah I’ve gotten her some earrings too.”

“Ah you’re in there so. Wish her a happy birthday from me won’t ya?” she said as she handed him the autograph.

“Yeah course. Thanks Cheryl. She’ll be well chuffed with this.”

“No problem pet. Nice to meet you.” She smiled before turning back to Kimberley.