Chapter 3

Chapter 3

“Kimberley?” Nadine called as she looked through the kitchen blinds down to the car park at the front of the building. “Does Cheryl drive a black SLK?”

“I don’t know babe” she answered not even glancing up from her cookbook. “Her driver took us to the restaurant last night. Why do you ask?”

“Well, a black SLK just pulled up outside and a very Cheryl-like girl just got out”.

“What?!” Kimberley shrieked looking down at her front. She had been baking all morning and now a thin but definite layer of flour and icing sugar was coating her arms and t-shirt.

“Sh*t! You’re right!” she exclaimed having joined Nadine at the window. “It’s her! What am I going to do?! I look a right state!”

“Hun, you look fine. It’s just a bit of flour.” Nadine comforted as she helped to dust her friend off.

“Fine?!” Kimberley shrieked a second time. “FINE?! Nadine! It’s Cheryl Tweedy! Fine is not an option! I have to change!” She started towards the kitchen door. The familiar sound of the doorbell, however, caused her to freeze in her tracks.

“No time babe” Nadine giggled. “Do you want me to get it?”

“Yes! You get the door! I’ll keep dusting!”

Nadine laughed to herself as she headed for the door, leaving Kimberley frantically trying to straighten herself up.

“Hi Cheryl” she greeted the girl as she opened the door. “Come on in. Wow! That bag is fab!” she complimented, admiring the new Prada bag Cheryl had slung over her shoulder.

“Thanks Nadine. Decided to treat myself” she giggled. “How are you?”

“Ah fine thanks. I heard you two had fun last night.”

“Yeah” Cheryl smiled shyly. “I did anyway. I hope Kimberley did too.”

“She did.” Nadine replied giving Cheryl a little wink. “She’s in the kitchen. Come on through.”

She must have spoken to Nadine about me Cheryl thought excitedly as she followed Nadine down the hall. Entering the kitchen, it was like a flour bomb had gone off and Kimberley was the only casualty.

“Cheryl! Hi! What are you doing here? I thought you were going to ring instead?”

Cheryl giggled at Kimberley’s obvious panic. It was adorable.

“Well I was going to” she began “but it’d be kind of hard for you to answer when I had this” she said as she held up Kimberley’s mobile.

 “Oh!” Kimberley exclaimed grasping at the pockets of her jeans as if she expected to find it in there too. “I didn’t even realize I didn’t have it.”

“You left it in the car last night” she explained handing over the phone. “So, what’s going on in here?” she asked gesturing to the powdery mess covering the counters. “Something smells good.”

“Thanks” Kimberley grinned. “I’ve made Nadine a birthday cake. We’re having a bit of a party tonight to celebrate”.

“Ah happy birthday pet!” Cheryl exclaimed turning back to Nadine. “You should have said it was your birthday.”

“Well it’s not actually until tomorrow but thanks!” Nadine grinned. “Hey, you should come along tonight if you don’t have anything else on.”

“Oh I don’t want to impose or anything...” she said glancing at Kimberley.

“You wouldn’t be.” Kimberley encouraged. “Come on, we’ll need lots of people if we’re going to get through all this cake!”

“Ok then. I’ll drop by. Thanks.” Cheryl grinned, happy in the thought that Kimberley wanted her to come.

“Great” Nadine agreed. “Right. I better be off. I’ve got a hair appointment. See you tonight thought Cheryl yeah?”

“Definitely. See ya later.”

With that, Nadine was gone, leaving Kimberley and Cheryl alone in the kitchen.

“Hey, there’s a text from you on here” Kimberley said looking at her mobile.

“Oh…er…well…I just wanted to say goodnight again after I left last night and so I…er…just delete it. It’s not important.”

Ignoring her completely, Kimberley read the text. A small smile spread across her lips.

“So…you think I’m sexy do you?” Looking up, she found Cheryl blushing heavily. Biting her lip, Cheryl raised her eyes to meet Kimberley’s and nodded slowly. Slightly taken aback by Cheryl’s honesty, it was Kimberley’s turn to blush.

“I had a really nice time last night” she said trying to ease the obvious sexual tension.

“Me too” Cheryl agreed. “It was almost perfect.”

“Almost?’ Kimberley asked, slightly offended at the thought that the night hadn’t been quite up to scratch.

“Yeah well those paps at the end of the night kind of ruined my plan.”

“Your plan?” Kimberley asked.

“It’s like I said last night” Cheryl explained “If the paps hadn’t been there, I would have kissed you.”

“And it’s like I said” Kimberley grinned “I would have let you.”

“Well you know” Cheryl said, a cheeky smile playing on her lips “I don’t see any paps here now.”

Moving forward slowly she reached out her hand and gently brushed a loose strand of hair from Kimberley’s face. “Do you?”

“No” Kimberley replied in barely more than a whisper.

And then Cheryl’s lips were on hers. At the simple and tender action, both girls had everything they wanted yet almost immediately it was not enough. Running her tongue along Kimberley’s plump lips, Cheryl silently begged for entry to her hot mouth. Granting her unspoken request, Kimberley sighed in pleasure as Cheryl’s tongue found her own. The sound was like a drug to Cheryl’s ears, intoxicating her as she pulled her beauty closer to her, snaking one arm around her waist and entangling the other in her golden locks. Kissing slowly but passionately, and with the sound of their own hearts thumping in their ears…

“Back again! Forgot my bloody purse! OH! Sorry!” Nadine stood like deer caught in the headlights as Kimberley and Cheryl quickly separated. “I’m so sorry. I should have knocked. It’s just I needed my purse and I wasn’t expecting you two to be….I’m sorry!” she rambled.

“It’s fine.” Cheryl answered. Kimberley just stood blushing. After an awkward few seconds Cheryl spoke again.

“I better get going. I’ve got loads to do today.” She said moving towards the door.

“You’re still coming over tonight thought aren’t you?” Kimberley finally piped up.

Turning back to face her, Cheryl flashed a dazzling smile. “Wouldn’t miss it babe. See ya.” And she was gone.

“NADINE!” Kimberley screamed! “I’m going to KILL you!”

“Eh, can’t talk darlin. Gotta run!” she shouted grabbing her purse and made a dash for it.

Kimberley was close at her heels.