Chapter 15

Chapter 15

“You’re late” a deep and frankly quite posh English accent told Cheryl as she scuttled into the busy bar area of the Mayfair Hotel.

“I know, I know!” she sighed plonking herself in beside Dannii on one of the more comfortable looking chairs opposite Simon and Louis.

“Ya should be used to it by now Si!” she grinned leaning over to kiss each of them on the cheek as she said her hellos. “So, what have I missed?”

“Nothing Cheryl. Don’t even listen to him! We’ve all only just arrived” Dannii informed her with a laugh as she stirred her martini with a straw. Eyeing up everyone’s drinks and then the empty coaster in front of herself, Cheryl glared at the others with a look of mock disgust. “I see you’ve went ahead and ordered drinks without me though!”

“Yeah Louis couldn’t wait. Typical Irish” Simon joked rising from his chair. “What do you want sweetheart? I’ll add it to the tab”

“Just a mineral water for me thanks” she replied to questioning looks from her three friends. Laughing softly at the reactions to her not drinking alcohol she picked up her car keys and shook them by way of explanation.

Simon simply tutted before making his way to the bar.

That was the great thing about meeting in these upper class hotels. No one cared that you were famous. You could do normal things like going to the bar without signing a million autographs and posing for a million pictures. You could get away from the fame and everything it brought with it. Cheryl loved her fans and appreciated each and every one of them but it was nice to just be a normal person sometimes. Well…as normal as you can be hanging out with Simon Cowell in the Mayfair Hotel!

Turning back to her other fellow judges, she grinned. “How’ve you lot been? It feels like I haven’t spoken to you in ages Dannii!!”

“I know!” she agreed. “I’m great. I had a little trip home to visit Kylie and my parents. I only came back because I knew from last year that these meetings would be starting again soon! No rest for the wicked eh?”

“Not if Simon’s got anything to do with it anyway!” Cheryl replied earning a laugh from Dannii and Louis.

“Oi!” the same deep voice scolded. “Keep talking like that and I’ll take this back and actually get you a mineral water!” he said placing a mojito on the table in front of the Geordie.

“Simon! I’m driving!” Cheryl whined.

“Oh shut up! My driver will take you home and you can come and collect your car tomorrow!”

It was logic to which Cheryl had no argument. “Thank you” she smiled taking a small sip.

“Wow Cheryl, you took a lot of persuading there!” Louis joked causing them all to laugh and Cheryl to blush.

“Anyway…” Simon began, granting the Geordie a moment’s reprieve, what were you lot saying about me before I came back?!”

Well…” Dannii began with a wry smile. “I was just telling these two how I had to cut my holidays short to come back for these meetings! There’s just no rest for the wicked!”

“Yeah Simon!” Louis cut in. “I was in the middle of another meeting when you rang me about this meeting! You disturbed me!”

“A meeting? You think that’s bad?” Cheryl exclaimed. “I was in bed!”

“I rang you at four o clock in the afternoon Cheryl” Simon argued.

“Yeah…well…I was….tired….and…stuff” she stammered quietly, opting to sip her drink to occupy her rambling mouth.