Chapter 9

Brian's P.O.V.
When I finally reached the shore I frantically looked around in the water. No sign of the car. No sign of Bri. Where are you Bri?? I know you're not dead. You can't be... I kept looking around for a sign of Bri... Or anybody at all. I was far from the bridge, the only way I could tell was by the bridge not even being in sight anymore. I checked my pockets to see what was still in them. I found my phone and quickly examined it. It didn't look too damaged so I decided to check it. It seemed like most of the top was completely messed up... And that's where my phone button was on the screen.

After a few minutes of trying to figure out how to use my phone, I discovered how stupid I really was. Siri... Please work. I pressed the home button... Silence. No! I tried it again. Still nothing. Now I was just pissed. I knew I was unlucky but this was a whole new level. I threw it on the rocks next to me, then heard a muffled noise. I picked up my phone to see a cracked screen. But in between those cracks I saw the screen for Siri. "Yes!" I jumped as I yelled. "I'm sorry... I didn't get that." Said Siri as I just looked down at my phone, in aggravation now. "Anyways... Siri call 911." I said my command and saw the police being dialed on the screen.

About ten minutes later, I heard sirens. They told me they would track my phone to see exactly where I was, so my job was a whole lot easier. A few more minutes later, the cops finally found me. "Are you okay? What happened?" They bombarded me with questions but only one thing worried me. "The car slid off the bridge. Bri didn't make it to the shore with me. You have to find her! She's still in the water somewhere." I began to worry even more. "Okay sir, please try to stay calm. What does your friend look like?" One of the officers asked me and I tried to show them a picture but my phone was so messed up that it was a little hard to see. "We'll find her." One of the officers said with a smile before helping me get up.

We were not walking out to where all the sirens came from. They got me situated in the ambulance and gave me warm blankets but I didn't feel like I was saved yet... Bri... You better be alive. I swear to god if something happened to you I'll kill you. When I got to the hospital they did a bunch of tests on me and told me that I might be in the hospital for a few days. After all the tests were done, I fell asleep thinking about all of today's events. It's all my fault... I should've slowed down Bri. My eyes closed slowly as I stared out of the window that gave a view over the whole city.

*Tap*... *Tap**Tap*
What the hell...
*Tap*.. *Tap**Tap*...*Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap*
My eyes opened after I heard the continuous annoying tapping in the room. "What is that?" I said as I was opening my eyes, then I heard a voice I really didn't wanna hear right now. Shaun. "Sorry... Anxiety." He said as if nothing happened yesterday. "Why are you here?" I asked him as I turned to face away from him. "Brian don't act like that. I was worried about you. And I'm worried about Bri." He said but I didn't believe him. "If you cared about her you wouldn't have hit her." I said back and he stood up. He walked in front of where I was looking and I could tell he was angry. "Cared? I still care. What happened was just one of my moments. I was jealous of her and Diggy being so close!" He practically yelled and I just sighed at him. "So you show her your jealous by hitting her? That was a bad move Shaun." As if he didn't know how anybody would react to hearing about what happened.

"I know I shouldn't have done it... I deserved that hit she gave me after. But I do care about her. I'm even looking into anger management classes since the whole hitting thing. I want her to see that I'm trying to change." He almost sounded sincere, but there was still a sense of uncertainty. "If she's dead the last thing she'll remember about you, and that you'll remember about her, is that you hit her. Nice going." I was only being honest. "Don't say that!" "Don't say what?" I asked him as he started freaking out. "Don't say she's dead. She's not dead. I know Bri, she won't just die through something like this. She's still alive and fighting for her life." He yelled as he stormed out of the room.

"Okay then..." I turned to the voice and saw Diggy walking in the room with a cup as Shaun was leaving. "Glad to see your up. Why's Shaun all worked up? Or should I say what is it now?" He asked as if nothing was wrong. "Are you making jokes while our friend is missing? Are you only worried at beating Shaun in everything? Even stupid little comments at each other." I asked and he looked at me like I was crazy. "I didn't mean anything by it... I was just trying to lighten the mood... But how are you feeling?" He changed the subject as soon as he could, which didn't shock me. "I'm okay... I just hope Bri is too. She better be..." I responded with a sigh. "She will be. She's strong." Diggy said but his face showed complete sorrow as his hopeful side disappeared behind it. We all know Bri's strong... But is she strong enough to survive the Rapids? Many of people have died there before...