Chapter 3

Bri's P.O.V.

When Lunch was over, we all walked to chemistry, aka my least favorite class. We have assigned seats in the class and since the teacher knows all of our little groups, we're all seperated. "Can I talk to you after class?" Diggy said to me as I sat down and I nodded me head. Him and Shaun are so weird today. As soon as I put my head on my book, I fell asleep.

All I felt next was someone shaking me. As I woke up, I saw that Diggy was shaking me. "Huh? What happened?" I asked in confusion, forgetting where I was. Diggy just chuckled a little. "Bri, the bell just rang." He said to me as I stood up. I really slept through the whole class? Hm... Well that was a nice nap. I started walking out of the class with Diggy as the others walked ahead because he said that he wanted to talk to me. Once we got outside the classroom, Diggy turned to face me. "Bri... I really li-" he started saying before he was interrupted by one of Shaun's best friends. "Bri! I haven't seen you all day! What are you still doing in the hallway? We gotta get to class!" He said to me, he was my only friend in my next class. "Hey Brian!" I said to him as he brought me into a hug. Diggy just sat there in a awkward silence. "Oh, Brian this is Diggy, Diggy this is Brian, Shaun's best friend." I introduced them. "Nice to meet you man." Brian said and they shook hands. "Well we have to get to class, but we'll see you later bro!" Brain said as he grabbed my arm and started walking away. "I'll meet up with you later to finish talking!" I turned around to yell to Diggy and he just waved.

"You okay?" Brian asked me as we were walking up the stairs and I nodded. "Good, Shaun just texted me saying that you needed help out of a conversation." Brian told me and I shook my head. "Shaun and Diggy have been acting really weird today, they both wanna have private talks with me all day long and it's getting confusing." I told Brian because he was like one of my best friends too. "Well you know Shaun likes you." He reminded me. "Yeah, and Diggy kind of told me that he likes me already. It's like a love triangle." I said to him as we walked into our class. He chuckled. "Just be careful, you know you're like a little sister to me." Brian said before hugging me. He really has been like a big brother for me. At least I know I have someone in my corner throughout this whole thing.

After class, I walked to my locker with Brian. What a coincidence that Shaun and Diggy were waiting there. "It's okay Bri, I got you." Brian whispered to me as we got closer to my locker. "Hey." I said to both of the boys as I opened my locker and they both said hi back. "You guys ready for the football game tonight?" Brian asked trying to make it less awkward. I completely forgot about the game. Shaun's playing and he asked me to go watch him. Of course I said yes. Brian's going too so at least I have someone to talk to. "There's a game tonight?" Diggy asked and we all nodded. "But you probably wouldn't like it. It gets a little crazy and I'm sure it's sold out already." Shaun said, obviously trying to get the idea of going out of his mind.

Just then, Lexie walked up to all of us. "Hey..." She said, sounding depressed. "What's wrong?" I asked her and she told us how her mom changed her mind about letting her go to the game. "What?!" I responded. Lexie already got her ticket and everything. Her mom is always doing this to her. "But if you guys know anyone that wants to go, I have an extra ticket. It's not where you guys are sitting, it's with the girls basketball team but hey it's still a ticket." She said getting the ticket out. "Oh, Diggy you want the ticket? I know you weren't here when they were selling them, but if you wanna go.." She said handing the ticket to him. "Sure, I'll go so you don't waste your money." He told her. We all knew the real reason though. "Too bad you aren't sitting with Bri and Brian." Shaun said, smiling a little. "Yeah... But I'll still go to support you." Diggy said. Him and Shaun were just smiling at each other and it was getting creepy. "Well let's get to our last class and talk later." I said, shutting my locker. Shaun was the only person from the group in my last period so we started walking down the hallway together. After we got further down the hall and away from the group, Shaun took a bag out of his backpack. "I got a little present for you." He said, smiling. "Wait... For what?" I asked, confused. He chuckled and handed me the bag. "It's for the game tonight." He said smiling and handing me the bag. When I opened it, there was a jersey in it. As I lifted it up, I saw his number, 28, and my name on the back.

I stopped walking when I saw it. "You don't like it. Shit!" He said when I stopped. His anger always gets the best of him. "I do like it. I love it!" I said smiling, before I gave him a hug. "Good." He said as he hugged me back. "So you'll wear it to the game tonight?" He asked me and I nodded. We stopped hugging and started walking to class again. He's so sweet. At least I know he didn't make this shirt to get Diggy jealous because he had to have it made at least a few days ago.

Our class was a little far, so it took a few minutes to get to. When we were halfway there, I felt Shaun's hand touch mine. We were holding hands now. It felt like it was meant to be. Until we were stopped by a teacher. "Do you guys have passes?" The teacher on hall duty asked us. The bell rang about two minutes ago so we were late. "Listen, I'm gonna be nice today, here's two passes, get to class!" The teacher said to us and we weren't shocked. Our teachers were two lazy to write anything up. After filling out the passes, we began to walk down the hall hand in hand again. When we walked into the classroom, everyone was staring at us. It took me a second to realize that Shaun and I were still holding hands. We let go of each other's hands and went to our seats. We didn't sit next to each other, so we couldn't talk during this class. But, of course, Shaun had to be extra by writing me notes. I'm not gonna lie, it was cute. After many notes and a lot of ignoring the teacher, the bell rang. Shaun walked out of the class and waited for me by the door. Once I met up with him, he held my hand again as we walked to our lockers. School was finally over, but this long day wasn't. When we got to our lockers, the whole crew was already there.

Everybody was so quiet. "What's wrong?" I asked and Brian pointed to my hand. When I looked down I noticed I was still holding hands with Shaun. It feels so comfortable that I keep forgetting. But now it's awkward. "Okay guys, we gotta get ready for this game." "Yeah I gotta get home and then come back here in an hour, I better get going." Shaun said before hugging me and Lexie, doing his handshake with Brian, and just waving to Diggy. "Well I gotta get going too, see you guys tomorrow, have fun tonight." Lexie said as she started walking down the hall. "Ready to go?" Brian asked me. He was my ride after school but I usually just go to his house anyways. "Yeah, bye Diggy, see you later." I said as we started walking down the hall. Once we got to Brian's car, he broke the silence. "Talk." He said and I knew exactly what he wanted to hear. I told him about what happened between me and Shaun.

"Finally!" He said as he started driving. "I've been waiting for this day since freshman year." He added and we both laughed. "Do you need anything from your house?" He asked me and I shook my head. "Oh I forgot to tell you the most important part of what happened today... Shaun made me a jersey with my name and his number on the back." I said, noticing I didn't tell him that part. He pulled the car over. "Wow, you guys are getting that serious?" He asked and I couldn't stop laughing. "You pulled the car over for that?" I asked him and we both started laughing. "Sorry, you know you're like I little sister to me. These things make me worry. If Shaun does anything to you I will beat him up, I don't care how close we are." Brian said, getting really serious now. "It's okay, you know I can protect myself. And come on we're talking about Shaun." I said, trying to reassure him. "That's what scares me. You know how his temper is." Brian said to me as he parked the car by his house.