Chapter 6

A FEW NIGHTS LATER. Midnight
Emma was sitting where her and Hook usually sat expect he wasn't there. But all the sudden she heard the sound of ropes moving and sure enough there was Hook coming to sit next to her.

"Hey" she said.

"Hi" he responded sitting down next to her. "What are you doing out here?"

"Just thinking" she responded.

"About what? If that's okay"

"Just...my life before Port Royal"

Hook looked at her wanting to know mores

Emma sighed. "Ever since I was old enough to walk I wasn't aloud out of my cas--house" she caught herself. "The only time I ever saw grass, the ocean, trees, it was from my bedroom window. When I was 12 I wasn't aloud to leave my room. I was only aloud a few visitors. Every time I made friends with someone new...which most of the time I had to sneak out to meet them. They left. I'm used to being abandoned and left. I've accepted it. But when I was 16 I couldn't stand it and I ran away to Port Royal. Elizabeth found me sleeping in an alley way, freezing. So she took me in and treated me like the sister I've never had. She taught me basically everything I know. She's more of a family to me then my parents" Emma finished her story.

"Wow, Swan. I had no idea. I'm so sorry"

"It's okay" Emma smiled.

"When I was a kid I was abandoned by my father as well. I was sold off to an old ruthless captain. The only way my brother Liam and I survived was by joining his crew and doing whatever he said without talking back or hesitation. Liam and I were beat a lot by the captain and crew. Scars to prove it. Finally one day when Liam and I were old enough and we docked, we escapade. Later on we joined the Kings navy who sent us on a quest to Neverland to find dreamshade which we believed was a cure. My stubborn brother wouldn't listen to me when I said it was poison...so he thought he could prove me wrong and scratched himself with it. He died within a few hours of that. Then the crew and I became pirates and renamed the ship from the Jewel of the Realm to the Jolly Roger" he finished. He had millions of stories but this was his childhood to becoming a pirate.

Emma stared at him with shock and almost anger to that crew who tortured him. "Wow" was all she could get out.

Hook just nodded. "I think I'm, uh, going to go to bed" he said and started climbing down.

Emma went to bed about an hour after Hook. Neither of them could sleep though. They couldn't believe what happened in each other's life. But Hook was going to do what he did best. Get revenge for Emma. He could tell she wanted it and he was going to give it to her.