Chapter 12

"Hey, has anyone seen Emma?" Elizabeth asked comic out of Emma's room.

"No. She's not in her room?" Turner asked.

"No" Elizabeth responded.

Hook looked out the window to see the sunset. "I know where she is. I'll be right back" he said walking out of the house. Sure enough he saw Emma sitting up on the cliff she jumped off. He walked over to it. Emma sat there with her feet dangling over the edge, she had a blanket wrapped around her, and she was looking straight at the horizon.

"What gave me away?" She asked not looking away from the sunset as Hook sat next to her.

"The fact that there is a sunset and right after that is the stars. It's your favorite time of the day" he responded.

"You remember?"

"Aye, why wouldn't I?"

"Because I told you that the first night I was aboard the ship. Which was almost a year ago" she responded

"Well, there's that and the fact that you are always on the deck at this time. Every single day. Pretty hard not to forget the fact that this is your favorite time" he smiled.

Emma smiled looking at her lap then back to the horizon. The sky was a mix of pinks, yellows, and oranges. The sun was barely visible. It looked like it was being eaten by the ocean. "Gorgeous" she whispered.

"Aye, it is" he said looking at her. He did think the sunset was gorgeous but he was most definitely talking about Emma.

After the sunset and looking at the stars they finally went back inside. Everyone was asleep expect for them. Well, expect for Hook. He carried the sleeping Emma in his arms and brought her into her bed.

Emma's eyes softly blinked open. "Hook?" She asked tiredly.

"Aye, I just brought you back. Goodnig--"

"Can you stay here with me?" She asked.

He was taken by surprise. "O-Of course..." He slid underneath the covers next to Emma. "Always"

MIDNIGHT
Hook was woken up by jumping constantly jumping in his arms are accidentally kicking his leg softly. He softly and silently shook her. She woke up with a scream and he quickly put his hand over her mouth.

"Shhhh" he said quietly. "You were having a nightmare. What happened?" He removed his hand.

"I-I..." she stumbled. "I don't want to...talk about it...right now" she said closing her eyes hoping even this was a dream.

"Okay, but just know that you can tell me anything. you know that right?" he asked brushing a piece of her hair off her face with his finger.

She just nodded and got goosebumps from the touch.

"Nothing bad will happen to you as long as I'm alive. I swear" he said pulling her in closely. She laid her head on his chest breathing heavily. How was she supposed to get that out of her head? "Go back to sleep. I'll be here when you wake up"

She nodded in response. All of her dreams have came true. Every single one. How was she supposed to sleep knowing Hook would be killed soon?

~~
A/N: ugh what's with me and short chapters!! anyways don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT! also did anyone see that small Hunger Games parallel? if not I'll tell you in the authors note of the next chapter!