The Start of Something

All day onset Adelaide couldn't stop thinking about the phone call she got from Toby. What was so important but could wait till later. It is was the end of the day and Anna was talking to her about going out tonight but all she could think of was Toby. Finally Anna clapped her hands and Adelaide snapped out of her daydream. 

"Can you go?" Anna repeated.

 "No sorry have a really important call tonight but if it ends early I will come. Where are you guys going?"

"We are going to Bar Isabelle." 

"Ok I will text you if I end up coming. I will talk to you later I have to go know."

Adelaide runs back to her trailer changes into sweats and a t-shirt grabs her phone and runs to her car. In Adelaide's mind the ride took forever but in reality it only took 10 minutes. She hops out runs into her apartment and calls Toby.

"Hello" a sleepy voice answers.

 "Oh sorry Toby. I forgot about the time difference." 

"It's ok. What do you need?" 

Adelaide was worried how could he forget that he needed to tell her something important. 

"You said you had something you needed to tell me. I just got home from work so I called. 

"Oh right. I am just going to come right out and say it." 

"Toby please just get to the point."

"Ok Adelaide I... I love you Adelaide I always have and I miss you so much. I know you might not feel the same way bu-" 

"No Toby I do I love you too." 

"Really?" 

"Yes I can't stop thinking about you." 

They are both so relieved that the other feels the same way. They sit there silence for a while. Then Adelaide speaks up.  

"Toby what do we do know?" 

"I am going to move to Toronto to be with you." 

"What?" 

"I love you so much I need to be with you Adelaide. You have a job I don't, you can't move so I will." 

"Toby I can't let you do that for me."

"Adelaide I want to." 

Adelaide is so touched by what Toby is doing she can't but it into words. 

"When will you be coming." she asks. 

"I will be catching the next flight to Toronto. After I back a few things then I will have my parents send me the rest." 

"Where will you live?" 

"Well Adelaide can I live with you just until I find myself a place to stay?" 

"Of course you can move in with me if you want. But if that is moving to fast I am ok with that." 

"No Adelaide I would love to. There is only one more thing to do."

" And what is that?" she questions. 

"This. Adelaide will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes Toby of course I will." 

They both can't believe it. 

"Ok I will see you soon. I will text you right before I board the plane."

"Ok I will see you soon."

Once Adelaide is off the phone she sits on her couch for about 30 minutes thinking  about her and Toby living together. She jumps up. 

"I have to get this place ready for Toby to come." She thinks out loud to herself.