The Dinner

Adelaide's point of view 

Tonight we are having my mum and brother over for dinner.  I can see how nervous Toby is. He was stirring the pot of food he was making I walked over to him. 

"Toby are you nervous?"

"No. What would make you say that?" his voice was shaky.

"Well you have been very quiet and I have never seen you like this before. If it is about meeting my mum and brother there is nothing to worry about. You have met them before and they loved you." I try to reassure him.

"But that was as your friend slash castmate not your boyfriend."

"They loved you once they will love you now. Just not as much as I love you."

"Chessy much" he said with a cough

I hit him in the arm.  

"Maybe I don't love you."

"No you do very much. I just really want them to like me. I really like you and I see a future with you and, without your mum and brother's support I think it would drive us apart."

"Toby I see a future with you too. And I will tell you now and for the rest of my life I don't care what anyone thinks."

"I feel the same way. No matter what anyone says I will always love you."

He started to lean in and just as our lips were about to touch the doorbell rang. 

"I'll get it." I said as I made my way to the door. Once I got to the door I opened it and saw my mum and bro. "Mum, Will it is so good to see you come on in." 

They walked through the door I shut it then turned around and was engulfed into a hug. 

"It is so good to see sweetheart. How have you been?" My mum asked.

"I have been great. I have been so happy. How have you both been?"

"We have been great." My mum and Will said at the same time.

We all laughed. We then made our way towards the living room/dining room/kitchen. We all sat down on the couch. Toby walked in and sat down beside me. 

"Hi. It's so nice to see you both again." Toby said.

"It's nice to see you again too," My mum replied 

"Dinner will be ready in about 5 minutes." Toby stated.

"Great can't wait. Toby has made his amazing fish chowder." I said proudly. 

"But I thought you were a vegan?" Will asked.

"I am but I do have dairy because cows like being milked so it is not killing them and I made a little poration without the fish."

"Oh ok."

"If you want we can make our way to the table and start our meal" Toby said.

We all got up and went to the table and Toby went to the stove and grabbed the pot. The bowls were already at the table. We all sat down and Toby poured each of us a serving of his fish chowder with a big slice of bread. We sat in silence for a little bit just eating our chowder.

"Toby this chowder is amazing. No wonder Adelaide had you cook. She isn't always the best cook. She once almost burned down my kitchen." My mum finally said.

"It was one time and I was 11." I countered back.

"Thank you it's my mum's recipe and Adelaide has made me a meal before and it was great." Toby said. 

"How is it at work being together on set and working together?" My mum asked us.

"It's great. We recently went public with and everyone was so supportive. I am so glad that we don't have to be so secretive anymore. It feels so good just to be able to go out to a restaurant and not be worried who will see. My worry was mostly what the fans' reaction would be. But they were so great and supportive and excited." I replied. 

"Yeah all our friends were happy that we were finally together because we both seemed sad after we were separated." Toby added.

"Well I am glad you are so happy. All I want is for Adelaide to be happy and I think that she has found someone that does that. Toby we always said we wouldn't be surprised if you two ended up together and are so happy you are. When you left the show and went back to England Adelaide just wasn't herself. She had lost the glimmer in her eye that she had when she was around. Now that you are here and you two are together that glimmer is back but there is more than before. You have brought so much into her life and I thank you for that." My mum said making me blush. 

"Well I am happy I was able to put that glimmer back in her eyes. Plus she has done so much more to me than I have for her. She has made me more happy in the last months than anyone has ever in my entire life.  I can't express how much I love you her." Which only made me blush more.

"I am so happy that you two are happy. Toby may I have a word with you in private." 

This only made me worried why did my mother want to talk to him without. What was she going to say to him. What was she going to ask him. 

"Will what is she going to do with him?" I asked him.

He remained silent. Now I was really getting worried.

"Will what is she going to talk to him about?" I asked again

"I don't know. He is just probably going to ask him what he sees in a relationship with. What kind of things he plans to do with you."

"What? She is going to ask him what? She can't do that Toby and I haven't been dating for that long."

"Addie you do realize that you have been dating for about 7 months now?"

"Yes I have but, it doesn't feel like it has been that long. Time has just flown by. In a couple of weeks we get off of work and have two months off I can't wait to spend that time with him. But of course I am going to spend some time back home in Australia for a couple of weeks and I can't wait to go to England to meet Toby's family. He can't wait either he wants me to meet the other people in his life that he loves and I can't wait to meet the people that created and raised the love of my life."

"Will big sis I am happy you are so happy. Now how long do you think it will take them to come back out?"

"I don't know but I hope it is soon."

Next thing I know my mum and Toby walked back to the table then we make our way to the couch. Toby sits next to me and I leaned into him and whisper in his ear "So what did my mum want to talk to you about?"

"I will never tell." He replied. 

"Uggg" They all laughed.

"Well we should get going it is starting to get late." My mum suggests. 

"Ok it was really nice seeing you guys. Bye Mum." I hug my mum. "Bye Will" I hug Will. I then walked them to the door. 

I then walk back to Toby. 

"Why won't you tell me what you and my mum were talking about?"

"Because what was said in that room is between your mum and me."

"Fine let's just go to bed I am tired it has been a long day."

"Yeah I agree this day has been pretty tiring."

We went and changed and climbed into bed. I snuggled into him and he put his arm around my waist and just like that I fell asleep in his arms. 

AN

Thank you so much for reading from now on I want to try to update at least once a week.  Thank you and I hope you enjoyed.