What She Said

Toby's point of view 

In the middle of the dinner 

 "Well I am glad you are so happy. All I want is for Adelaide to be happy and I think that she has found someone that does that. Toby we always said we wouldn't be surprised if you two ended up together and are so happy you are. When you left the show and went back to England Adelaide just wasn't herself. She had lost the glimmer in her eye that she had when she was around. Now that you are here and you two are together that glimmer is back but there is more than before. You have brought so much into her life and I thank you for that." Adelaide's mum said making her blush.

"Well I am happy I was able to put that glimmer back in her eyes. Plus she has done so much more to me than I have for her. She has made me more happy in the last months than anyone has ever in my entire life. I can't express how much I love you her." Which only made her blush more

"I am so happy that you two are happy. Toby may I have a word with you in private?" Addie's mum asked.

"Of course. Follow me."

"Thank you."

With each step we took towards the bedroom I grew more and more nervous. As we walked into the bedroom I was glad we had just recently cleaned it. 

"Thank you so much for talking with me Toby. I just want to ask you a few questions."

"No problem. What do you want to ask me about?"

"Excuse me for my bluntness but what do you intend to do with my daughter?"

"I just want to make her happy. I would and will do anything to make her happy even if it means someone other than me. I just want what's best for her."

"I am glad to hear that. I just want the best for her too. But Toby the only thing I see in her future is you. Out of everything that is uncertain I see you being with her forever and growing old together. I also want to know when and if you are going to propose?"

I was a little taken aback by her question. I had to think about the question. Am I going to propose to Addie? And if I do when? What would our marriage be like when Reign ends and we might have to go different ways for our careers? I don't really care what happens with my career as long as I have her though. 

"I don't know when I will propose but I hope it is in the next 3 months I just love her so much and I can't image my life without her. I want to do it in a big way. I just don't know how or when. But not to far off in the near future. "

"Well when you do know make sure you tell me. Also if you need any help just ask I would be happy to help. Toby you will make a fine addition to our family. I can't wait to have grandkids."

"I don't think that will happen anytime soon or even not at all. It all matters how Addie's career is going."

"I know every time I ask her about it she says the same exact thing. Now how worried do you think Addie is right now that I am talking to you alone?"

"Oh I bet she is super worried because she doesn't know what we are doing and she is probably really worried what you are going to ask me."

"You are probably right. She She always gets nervous with this kind of thing happens. Anyway what do you guys plan on doing during your two month break?"

"I am going to surprise her with a nice trip. Then we are going to England so she can meet my family. We also plan to go to Australia at some point. But she says we have to spend time in LA so she can be with her friends there. Basically we are doing a lot in little time. I can't wait to have her meet my family. I just know that they are going to love her. She is so kind and nice but also headstrong and is not afraid to speak her mind. I think our personalities fit so perfectly with each other. "

"I couldn't agree more. I can't wait for the rest of my family to meet you. They will just love you and how happy you make Addie."

Thank you. I can't wait to meet your family too. If they are anything like you, Addie and Will all of them will super nice. All of you are so kind."

"You really are a charmer. Now let's go before Adelaide throws a fit."

"Good idea."

We make our way back to the dining room.  When we get back we make our way to the couch and as soon as I sat Addie whispers in my ear "So what did my mum want to talk about?'

I chuckle while saying "I will never tell."

"Ugggg." She responds with which only makes me laugh harder.

After a little while Adelaide's mum and Will leave. After she says good bye we go and get ready for bed. When we get into bed I wrap my arm around her waist and she falls asleep. I kiss her forehead and whisper "I love you with all my heart and I will to you to tell me to stop. I will marry you someday and when we do it will be a day we never forget. We will have kids and grow old with you. We will sit on a porch and watch our kids and grandkids play. I promise to give you the life you deserve and love you unconditionally. I promise that I will listen, argue and love you until the day I die. You are my life and I will never let you go. Goodnight my love. Sleep well." I am sure she doesn't hear me. But one day I will say all of these things to her. MAybe on the day we get married or maybe just a walk but she will hear those words from me. With all of these thoughts in my head I drift off into a deep sleep. 

AN

Thank you for reading I hope you enjoyed