Chapter 2 | You don't talk much

Chapter 2: you don't talk much

After I basically had a meltdown when I got home from my walk with Millie, my mother thought it'd be a good idea to tell Jack what happened and show him the photo of me when I came back. Jack, being the sleazeball he is, made fun of me all night and sent me memes on what I looked like. I blocked his number after that.

  Yet still I woke up this morning feeling like I got no sleep whatsoever. This was Jack Blake's fault. Sometimes I just want to strangle him. I sighed and walked through the hallway of the school but stopped when I seen Mason dressed up in a collared long sleeve button up shirt, and some khaki pants. Glancing down at his feet I noticed he was wearing a pair of sperrys. I wondered why he was dressed like that.

He looks good though. I won't deny that.

  I stared at him a moment longer before continuing on my walk to class. Sighing, I thought more about how I really did wish I had enough confidence inside of me to talk to him. He a good person to be around which is why everyone in this school adores him, and have deemed him as our Golden Boy.

  I remember when he used to have a girlfriend named Maddie, she was clearly stunning, her blonde hair was always at her shoulder, no longer, and no shorter. The only reason they broke up was because she moved away before this school year started.

    I remember when I'd see them walking around the halls together. Both of them were always smiling or laughing. You could literally just tell they were happy together. In my opinion, they were that couple that you could never see breaking up so when people found out they did it was a huge shocker. It was a shock to me because I felt like they were made for eachother in a way.  They both just seemed like they fit together great. She was the school's old golden girl, and he's the golden boy... you kind of just expected them together.

     Although I had a crush on Mason I never quite felt like there was a legitimate reason for me to hate Maddie. She never did anything wrong to me, I'm sure she didn't even notice I existed. From all of the times I seen her or even shared a class with her she was nice. I wasn't jealous of her for having Mason because how could I be? He was never mine to begin with. I know I'm crazy but I'm not that crazy where I'm going to get pissed because my crush is dating someone.

     Plus, seeing the person you like with someone who make's them happy even if it isn't you, should make you feel pleased in some sort of odd way. It made me feel that way anyways.

   A few months back in August when school started you could tell he was devastated that Maddie was no longer attending school with us.

  He just walked around with this sullen look on his face. It was now mid- October, and he seemed to be back to his normal self which made me estatic.

I walked into my homeroom and took my seat in the back, like I do every morning when I'm not tardy. Sometimes I'd make myself tardy for school because I hated having to suffer in homeroom for twenty minutes.

I sat quietly at my desk and just thought about random pointless things to keep myself awake. I thought about Mason too – but he wasn't pointless.

   I swear I sound obsessed with him and it's not an attractive look. If someone found out I've been crushing on him this long and, I always seem to be thinking about him they'd literally laugh in my face. I was really embarrassing. I need to stop already.