Chapter 6 | Did you fall into a pool?

Chapter 6: Did you fall into a pool?

When Monday morning rolled around I woke up in a surprisingly normal mood. I won't lie and say I was estatic to go to school today, because I really wasn't but I did look forward to seeing Mason as always.

  I finally had a bit more confidence to speak to him. Also, he remembers who I am now considering I'm the girl who'll be drawing naked men for a living. Which I won't be doing but if it gets my crush to remember who I am then I guess it's worth it. 

"Goodmorning." I said as I stepped into the kitchen and waved at my family who seemed to be in a rush. All heads turned to me staring at me oddly.

"What's got you so peppy?" Jack asked as he popped a piece of toast into his mouth.

"Nothing." I lied. "I'm just awake, its a wonderful morning don't you think?"

"It's not. It's ugly out, it's probably going to rain later and its only fifty degrees." Jack deadpanned. I sighed as I looked at my buzz kill of a brother. He always just had to turn something so good into something bad.

"Shut up please, you make me want to jump out the window." I answered him. "Do we have any frozen waffles?"

"In the freezer." Mom replied. "Are you doing anything after school today?"

  I thought about the question for a second. I had nothing planned so I guess not. But what did she want me to do? I can either say no and end up being forced to do something or I can lie and say yes and face further consequences when she finds out I lied. Deciding to take the easy way out, I just shook my head. "No. Do you need me for something?"

Mom looked at me with a huge smile spread across her beautiful face. I've never seen a more beautiful sight than seeing my mother smile. "I was thinking about taking you and Kendall driving after school. I talked to her mom about it yesterday and she said it'd be a good idea, do you want to?"

"Will this mean the faster I learn the quicker I'll get my license?" I asked. Mom nodded. "Okay yeah. Are you going to pick us up from the school."

"Yes, I might get you both out a few minutes early." She replied as she sat at the table and started eating eggs.

I walked to the refrigerator and opened the freezer. I grabbed the frozen waffles and popped two of them into the toaster. "Sounds good to me." I smiled at her.

"You need to hurry up and go, so when your food pops out just walk and eat it." My dad said as he patted my back. "I need to head out, I'm already late. Jack let's go I'll drop you off on my way." Dad said as he walked up to Mom and gave her a quick kiss.

After Jack and Dad left, it was just us girls. "Do you work today?"

"Nope, I took the day off." She answered.

I turned away from her when I heard the sound of my waffles pop from the toaster, I grabbed them quickly and set them on a piece of paper towel. I scooped them up into my hands and walked over to my mom and gave her a quick hug. "I'll see you after school, I love you."

"Love you too sweetie. Have a good day!" She yelled as I walked out the door.

    The minute I stepped outside I noticed how serious Jack was about the weather. It was not warm – but it wasn't that cold either. The only thing that was shitty was the fact that the clouds were grey. It wasn't a pleasant walk to school, and I silently prayed it wouldn't start raining as I ate my waffles. I pulled my phone out of my pocket to see that I was already ten minutes late for English. I stopped at one of the trashcans and tossed the paper towel in it and continued my walk to school.