Chapter 11 | I worry about you

Chapter 11: I worry about you

If I had to be completely honest, I really hate keeping my crush on Mason a secret. I hated that I had to make it look like I had no feelings for him whatsoever when I'm around him. Unfortunately, I know at some point the truth will come out. I'm not prepared for it though, I don't think I ever will be.

For all I know this secret can ruin our friendship and destroy the small reputation I've got. I'm already known as the shy girl (which I'm not). If anyone finds out about my fancying for the school's golden boy then I might as well just move to Antartica. I'd never be able to live it down. I can already hear all the laughing and teasing now.

      Having a crush on someone is normal during your teenage years; everyone goes through it at some point, and you can either be the lucky one that gets the girl/guy or be the one to get rejected. You've got a fifty-fifty chance. So maybe, I don't have anything to worry about. Maybe I can be that small percentage that gets the guy, but this is Mason Collins.

    He's the nicest guy you can meet, if you ignore the days where he's dealing with problems and he lashes out. Regardless, everyone adores him and I can't blame them. What's not to like about Mason? His personality is astonishing, he has talents in sports, though Art and drawing is his weakness. He's really smart even though Cody did say Mason can't write an essay even if his life depended on it. But I've seen what he can do if he puts more effort into his work. His grades put mine to shame.

I can sit here all day and just name things that Mason has to offer that's just great. But I won't. If I do, I'll end up realizing how caught up I am on one boy.

"Uh...hello...earth to Dayna." My lab partner spoke waving a hand in front of my face. I looked over at her to see an annoyed look on her face. "I thought quiet kids would actually listen and know how to do the work." She groans, rolling her eyes.

"You know...just because I'm quiet doesn't automatically mean I'm a straight A student. I'm just like everyone else." I told her calmy as I opened up my textbook to the correct page and read the checkpoint questions.

"I'm not saying it like that." The girl sighed. "I just mean, most quiet kids do their work and don't listen to the chaos around them. I just..uh assumed you were that way."

I found what she said a little offensive. It was stereotyping . That's like me saying she's a complete idiot because she's a cheerleader? Which isn't even true.

"Well I'm not." I said. "So please, don't stereotype."

She nods, and picks up her pen to start her work. "I'm sorry. My name's Lily by the way."

"It's nice to meet you?" I say, well ask. I didn't know how to reply. It's not everyday someone introduces themselves after they've judged you as someone you're not.

"Anyways, I know you aren't that quiet and stuff. I've heard about you from your friends. I just thought they were kidding." She explains.

I nodded as I tapped my pen against the book. "My friends? You know Kendall?"

"I know Kendall, but I actually meant Daniel and Mason. I have them in my Gym class. They were talking about you because this girl Olivia..I think that's her name was talking about how silent you are."