bonus

jan 5th 2016 : )

this chapter was supposed to take place when Seth and Dayna passed the test. The same day Mr. Parker tricked her and she saw she got an A. I ended up cutting this out though. I found it today, and decided... why not post it? It's kinda -- i dont know -- sad? Insane? basically a holy shit moment.

for reference this takes place around chapter 8 if you didnt know.

As we were talking, my phone ended up ringing so I answered it only to hear my mom on the other end. "Hello?" I ask quietly so I don't get caught on the phone. "Mom, is everything okay?"

I hear a bit of shuffling in the background and wait for a reply. "Dayna? Is that you?" Mom replied.

"Yeah mom it's me. What's going on? You never call me during school." I ask, it must be something important. And that's when I began to panic. I gripped onto the table to keep myself steady. A bunch of scenarios ran through my head, I silently prayed none of them were an issue.

"Can you please go to the office and wait for me, there's a uh situation." Mom's voice spoke softly into the phone.

"What's going on?" I asked as I pushed my tray of food out of the way. I felt eyes on me, and it started making me extremely uncomfortable.

"I..just, Millie got out and she got hit." Mom said.

"What?" I said. "You're joking right?" I immediately pushed myself off the bench and grabbed my bag. "Is she okay? She's okay right, she has to be okay."

"I, there's not a lot of blood but I think her leg's broke. I'm going to bring her to the vet and I don't want to go alone just in case. I called your father and he's going to Jack's school and he's going to take him out for a bit so he doesn't find out." Mom said. I could tell she was crying just by how her voice cracked a few times.

"Oh my god." I mumbled. "I'm leaving now. I gotta go."

"Alright, just wait for me."

Once the phone hung up I looked at Kendall and motioned her to get up. She came beside me and I turned away from the group who were all staring at me. "What's going on?" She whispered.

"Millie got out and was hit by a car. Mom's bringing her to the vet and needs me there I guess her leg could be broken. I don't know, I'm just stressing now. You know how much Jack loves Millie god forbid something happens to her.. he'll be destroyed." I tell her quietly.

Kendall gasps. "Oh my god."

I sighed, "So much for having a good day." I looked over at my friends who seemed to want to know what was happening. "I gotta go, I'll see you guys tomorrow hopefully. Seth can you tell Mr. Parker something came up and I couldn't make it."

"Yeah, sure thing." He nodded.

I grabbed my lunch tray which was barely even touched and turned to walk away. I walked away and dumped by tray and put it on the side, I nearly escaped if it wasn't for Mason who grabbed my wrist. "Dayna, what's going on? You didn't tell us and I thought we were all friends."

Sighing, I pulled my wrist out of his grip. I bit my bottom lip and touched my flustered cheeks. "Some things just aren't meant to be told I'm sorry. I just really need to go."

"Is it bad? Like seriously bad?" He asked stepping toward me.

"I'd think so. It's a family situation. Listen, I'll call you later if things are okay and tell you what's up. If I don't then, well you already know." I replied. He nodded, and stepped back. I turned away from him sighing and rushed out of the cafeteria.