Chapter 20 | They need you

Chapter 20: They need you

I sat there shocked. My friends were silent, they all had their mouth's dropped. I felt my eyes become blurry and I knew I was about to cry. My whole world just crashed down and burned right in front of my eyes.

I just wanted one good day. But all this week seems to be bringing me is pain. I can't handle this, none of it. "I can't believe you just did that, you promised me." I said to Kendall who was staring at me. "You promised me Kendall. You're dead to me. Ju-just leave me alone."

I snatched my bag off the floor and stood up. "Come on don't go Dayn, just don't I'm sorry." Kendall says as she gets up also. She grabbed onto my arm making me stop. I turned around to face her. "I didn't mean to. It just- It slipped out. It's not a big deal Dayn."

I looked at her and then at my friends who were sitting there staring at me. If it wasn't a big deal then why were they staring at me like I just killed someone's grandma?

Even Mason was staring at me with a blank look. I was embarrassed. "Listen, I just need to cool off. Leave me alone please. Just don't talk to me." I said wiping tears away from my eyes.

I turned away from her and left the cafeteria. When I was in the hallway, I started realizing what an idiot I was.

Liking Mason Collins? That was enough of an embarrassment. I stood no chance, I never did. He must have kissed me out of pity. He must have even befriended me out of pity just like everyone else did. I walked down the hallway until I ended up at my locker. I leaned against it and looked over at the spot Mason used to stand at with his friends..who turned out to be my friends aswell.

I remembered all the times I stood here glancing at Mason out of the corner of my eye to see him laughing with his friends, joking around with them. I remember the times I always wanted to just go up and talk to him. I just wanted to have a conversation with him.

I remembered how scared I used to be when I had to walk by him. I didn't want him to see me and think I looked ugly. I didn't want him to judge me, even though Mason never judged anyone.

Or that day I had became friends with Rachel and Seth because Kendall was absent and we planned to stay after. I remember that day so well because Mason had looked at me as Seth called out my name and threw his arm around my shoulder.

Or what about the day when he let me borrow his sweater in English class because I came in drenched and Daniel wanted me to take my sweater off. I remember that day the greatest. I felt so happy to be in that sweater. I still have it actually. I need to give it back to him.

My thoughts drifted off to the day in Art class with the stupid sketch of the naked guy. I could almost hear Mason's voice as he laughed at me.

"It's not so bad, but it's still funny." Mason chuckled. "It'll give me something to remember you by." He added.

To remember you by.

I looked at him and nodded. "Yeah I'll be known as the girl who draws pictures of naked men for a living."

"Hey maybe one day I'll let you draw me." Mason teased as he nudged my side. Instantly, I began to freak out inside from his touch. Who knew a tiny nudge could set off an explosion in my body? Not me that's for sure.