Chapter 7 | Pushing me isn't going to get rid of my weirdness

Chapter 7: Pushing me isn't going to get rid of my wierdness

Weeks passed, and I felt myself opening up more and becoming comfortable with the people around me. I suddenly felt like I had more people to fall back on when I needed them.

I always thought the only friend I needed in my life would be Kendall. Yes, having one friend to tell everything to was great but having more people to share moments with was something I found myself enjoying.

Who knew I'd find myself hanging around five boys and two girls. It was strange, I will admit that. But it was sort of like we started our own group? We all started sitting at lunch with eachother on a daily basis.

It might sound surprising but Kendall, Rachel, Seth and me ditched our old table, as so did the boys and we took over a new table all the way toward the windows of the cafeteria. It was our spot. I liked it, a lot. A lot more than I thought I would.

I'm comfortable with Mason now also. We seem to be good friends, and although I know I still have feelings for him and day by day I feel them becoming stronger and more prominent I'm still excellent at hiding them around him and everyone.

I might have possibly stolen Daniel and Cody from him though. Wherever I go, I either have Daniel or Cody glued to my side. I enjoyed their company a lot more than I thought I would. They kept me in a good mood, and always knew how to make me laugh.

Kendall does get a tiny bit jealous of the relationship I've been growing with the two, but I make it up to her with our weekend sleepovers. Occasionally, Rachel will join us which I'm happy for.

My house is normally crowded with my friends after school. My parent's don't even mind. They think my social skills have skyrocketed immensely. I did agree with them on that. They also said having groups of friends over on a daily basis was the high school experience whatever that meant.

My house soon turned into where we always seem to be, and I didn't mind one bit.

Also, I've been working on my driving skills with my mom! Over the next couple of weeks I should be driving. My grandma even called and said once I have my license in my hand she'll be buying me a car, with the help of my parents though.

I was excited to be driving, but I also knew that with getting my license meant I'll be taking unnecessary stops to Burger King everyday. I guess it's the price I pay for befriending Kendall.

"Pizza!" I heard a bunch of people cheer. I nearly forgot that everyone was over once again. I guess they decided on pizza. Although I eat pizza every single day I don't mind; one can never get sick of pizza.

I stood up from my spot on the couch, and went to the kitchen. My mom was there, I'm guessing she was calling the pizza place. I grinned at her as I walked by and headed to the fridge. Pulling it open, I grabbed an orange soda and opened it up.

I took a sip and walked back into the living room to see all eyes on me. I looked behind me, wondering what they were looking at. "What? Is there something on my face?"

"We asked what movie you wanted to watch." Mason explained. I looked over to where he was to see him knelt down in front of the TV screen, with the remote in his hand.

"O-oh, what are the choices?"

"Nightmare on Elm Street, Home Alone, some Madea movie, and The Fault In Our Stars." Rachel spoke, as she went through the stack of the movies we have yet to watch.