Part 12: Lier

Sunday 5:00 pm
Death Total: 19

Kian and Jenn walked silently along the side of the road. Kian watched as Jenn walked uneasily with her ankle. Kian knew something was up.
"Jenn how did you sprain your ankle?" Kian asked. Jenn didn't make eye contact with Kian.
"I told you. I fell." Jenn responded as she kept walking alongside Kian. Kian knew Jenn for a long time. He knew when she was lying and he knew she was now.
"Jenn I know your lying." Kian sighed. Jenn and Kian both stopped walking. Jenn looked down at the ground.
"I got bit by Rebecca." Jenn said quietly. Kian sighed. He knew it.
"Can you just do it now?" Jenn asked motioning to the riffle in Kians pocket. Kian looked to his gun then to his friend.
"You want that?" Kian asked. Jenn nodded.
"It will happen eventually." Jenn sighed. "Just go find Anthony and Jack." Jenn said. Kian nodded. Kian rose the gun. Jenn closed her eyes and Kian pulled the trigger. Jenn fell backwards slamming her head back onto the sidewalk. Kian sighed and pushed the gun back in his pocket. He looked his friends dead body lying on the ground. Kian squeezed his eyes shut not wanting to look any longer. Kian grabbed Jenns body pulling her off the sidewalk. He didn't want her body just laying there. He pulled her behind a few pine trees in the parking lot beside the sidewalk. He layed Jenn down between the pine trees. As he backed up out of the pine trees her body was covered by the thick pine branches. Kian sighed and continued to follow the sidewalk. He could hear faint growls and moans coming from the distance. That was where Walgreens was. 

"Please don't be gone." Kian murmured to himself picking up the pace. Kian began to speed walk. He could see Walgreens down the street. But in front of the store there was a herd of zombies. They were surrounding what looked like a car. He squinted to get a closer look. Anthony was standing on top of the car holding a metal shovel. Kian made eye contact with Anthony. 

"Hold on." Kian mouthed trying not to catch the attention of the herd. Kian looked around. He looked around. The only things there were the mini van Anthony was standing on, Walgreens, a few abandoned cars and an empty road. Kian looked to his left and saw a tree. The tree was next to a brick wall that acted as a fence to a small park. Kian quickly climbed up the tree. Kian pulled out his riffle from his pocket and fired several shots gaining the zombies attention. Slowly the zombies began to creep away from Anthony and make their way over to the tree. Anthony jumped down from the car and began to rush over to Kian but keeping a safe distance from the zombie herd. Kian jumped down from the tree. 

"Fuck!" Kian groaned rolling onto the ground as he held his left knee against his chest. 

"Come on Kian!" Anthony yelled as he swatted away a few zombies with his shovel. Kian looked up to see someone familiar staring him dead in the eye. He knew him. It was the body his friend Jack Baren, but inside Jack was gone. Kian stayed on the ground frozen as Jack growled at him. Anthony looked over his shoulder to see Kian on the ground looking up at Jack. Anthony already knew Jack had turned. Jack fell off the top of the car about ten minutes after they got on it. Now several hours later Jack had turned. Anthony rushed over and slammed Jack over the head with the shovel. Jack growled as he stumbled backwards. Anthony switched the shovel to an angle and swung it like a baseball bat. The shovel sliced Jacks head off. Blood squirted onto Kian and Anthony. Anthony yanked Kian up. 

"We have to go Kian!" Anthony hissed yanking Kian with him. The two began to run down the street. It hurt for Kian to run. When he jumped out of the tree he landed on his knee. His knee was hurt and had been cut open. It burned as the air slammed against it. 

"Dude can we take a break?" Kian huffed. Anthony slowed down and looked back at Kian who was already catching his breath. 

"Dude your knee!" Anthony exclaimed rushing over to his friend. 

"I know. I can walk though." Kian said. Anthony nodded. "We have to go now though. It is getting dark. The house is around the corner." Kian said pointing to the direction. Anthony followed Kian. They could see the houses glowing lights as they got closer.