Can you see me, really?

"Hello!" The voice echoed in not so empty house.

The voice caught his attention. Two visitors in consecutive days, which was something after staying invisible for more than two centuries. Tristyn Moore thought of ignoring the call of the girl but the curiosity got better of him. He was after all the playboy of his time.

After being so popular he suddenly turned all invisible, it was hard, real hard to cope with it. He might have gone insane in loneliness but he realised he was fine looking at his family from afar. But then he watched his mother and father die, of all age. Then his lovely sister who died of sickness. It was heart breaking every time he lost a loved one while he just stayed not fading yet not there.

Last night he lost the pendant that belonged to her, the only thing that kept him calm in depressing times. He had to look through whole place now. It was because of that unwanted guest, who he couldn't see so clearly in the dark.

Centuries of living this way made him less fun than what he was before. Being ignored and not believed in was painful, excruciatingly painful. He wished for death sometimes but then his usual nature would kick in and he engaged in stealing, watching popular TV series and surfing internet. Being invisible had its own perks; he got what he wanted without paying for it.

He just wished true love came that easy. Though the Casanova in him still lived, he was intrigued by the idea of true love. How can a guy, a normal one at that stay with a single girl for rest of his life. The idea was bizarre and utterly boring.

He waited for the owner of the voice to leave not to scare her away since when he will open the door she will see nothing and will confirm the hauntedness of this place.

He opened the door and for a moment he stopped breathing.

It was the girl from last night, the one who clicked pictures from her cell phone. He stood there watching silently since he knew she couldn't see him.

But she gasped out loud, not scared-I-saw-a-door-open-on-its-own gasp but a gasp of awe. He went all stiff in tension. He was perplexed by her response.

Her jade green eyes were large, even larger in surprise and very beautiful. She was not the kind he would start flirting with at first glance but she was the type he could stare at silently from afar. In his really long life span he hasn't found a single one to fir the second category till now.

"Are you a ghost?" She asked in a whisper.

Tristyn had a minor heart attack and he had to grip the door for support. She is talking to me!

"Can you see me?" He asked the most obvious question in his mind.

"Of course I can, I am not blind." She said slightly fazed with him talking back.

She has never seen such a handsome boy in her life. He had sand brown hair messed up in a real adorable way, then there was those ice blue eyes, so blue, so deep, so alluring that it almost had her hypnotized.

When she answered him, his pursed lips lifted into a smile. If she was smitten before, she had to remind herself to keep breathing now when his dimple surfaced with the smile. She had to remind herself that she was the rough and tough tomboy, not some swooning over boys' chick. She was strictly action over rom-com.

He stepped forward and instinctively she stepped back. He was a human living in a deserted palace or was he? He might be a criminal since he wasn't anything like a ghost. She so knew the place was not haunted.

"Can you really see me?" He asked again, shocked, pleased, and stunned all at once.

It has been centuries since anyone last saw him. But why her, why now? Not that he was complaining. Was the curse fading now?

"Yes, I can see you clearly. And are you dumb or making fun of me?" She said recovering from her own personal shock and irritated slightly at his questioning.

"This is amazing! This is freaking awesome!" He said to himself, grinning like an idiot with closed eyes.

"Nin, who are you talking to?" Lucas called out from a certain distance.

"Some guy I found lodging for free in this palace and making it as if it was haunted." She answered and motioned him to come and check it out.

Frowning in confusion Lucas came forward and looked at the point where Iorwen pointed and then turned towards her and raised his eyes and eyebrow in a question.

"Yeah, you got me Nin. Now let's go if you found you phone. Rach texted, she asking up to meet , all of us." He said now back to texting Rachel.

"Lucas, you can't see a guy standing at that door." She asked horror creeping inside her as she felt the unwanted chill.

"Come on enough of the joke." He said dragging her away with one hand while other still texted.

Her mouth dropped open and while being pulled along, she turned to look at him, the gorgeous boy. He looked sad, disappointed yet a ghost of smile played on his sexy full lips.

"I guess people still can't see me." He called out but only she heard while Lucas was oblivious to all this.

So he was a ghost, she concluded in her head. And yet no fear came but with million questions and a weird feeling in her heart she left the blue-eyed boy in the haunted palace.

Thanks a lot to my wonderful, wonderful readers! Now I have lot of questions for you... I was debating on whether I should put up a chapter from someone's PoV after three chapters each time.. If yes, then whose PoV would you like to read? 

And also I wanted to know if my cover is any good?

Besides that I love you all who is reading my work! :)

And check out Tristyn Moore on the banner!