Side-effects of ditching

There was only one thought that was evading Iorwen's mind, pain for Tristyn. She has always lived alone, being almost invisible had it not been for her friend group. Her parents died when she was six. People say that pain fade with time but that was not true in Iorwen's case.

She could still feel the loss, still feel lonely. It was like the injury that ached every rainy day.

It was in a plane crash and she was too small. Being the only daughter she was the pampered princess. Maybe when her parents died, she was too scared to be taken care of. After their death no one was there to take care and she was left to fend for herself. What if she allowed someone to care and then was deprived of it again.

It is really hard to look after yourself after you are showered with all that love. Maybe it was that loss that turned her into cold and rude person she was today.

She had never shared the pain she harboured within her, not even with her friends. She hated being weak in front of anyone. Her only relative was least bothered with her and she has created boundaries so strong that no one close to her dared to ask.

Iorwen can clearly remember her father, a teacher with round rimmed glasses and a secretive smile He pampered her too much but was strict as well, maybe that was a teacher thing. Her mother was beautiful, tall, slim and elegant, everything she was not. She might have turned out to be better had she lived with her mother. Now she was loud, rash and wild.

She intently looked at the pendant in her hand and thought about the importance of the piece. It was the last memory Tristyn had of his sister and yet he gave this to her. She tried not to put words behind his actions.

But she can empathize with Tristyn's pain of being invisible and then watching his family die while he get to live on being ignored. What if he never finds true love and remains invisible?

I can always be his friend if he wants. The thought was both cheesy and creepy. Having a invisible bff was not her bucket list.

Her phone buzzed and she immediately checked.

Senorita, stop thinking about me now. I am getting hiccups.

Texts, oh no! They are harbinger of headache but her friendship rules(never avoid your friend) had to be followed.

Please tell Liz that, she might be dreaming about the make out session you two have.

Which one, we had too many?

The one where you tried to take all her clothes off.

Oh so you are talking about the last few ones. You are a goner Senorita, you are so helplessly stalking me now that you even know about my sexual exploits.

I don't need to be a stalker to know that you are a pervert.

She is my girlfriend; I can do all that with her. And now when we meet for manicures and pedicure I will tell you all in details.

That made her laugh and she imagined Tristyn saying it in a fake girly voice.

She is still not in love with you Moore, she was flirting with Kai. So you have to up your game.

That guy Kai Arden is always eyeing my girls.

Girls? How many do you like and Kai doesn't seem like that. He was uncomfortable with Liz's attention.

Tristyn sighed at her words. She was clueless; she thought girls included other gorgeous girl when he was talking about her. Kai Arden clearly liked the girl and that was his dumb luck. First no one pays attention to her but when he came suddenly this nice behaving guy comes along.