New Kid on the Block

Kai Arden was there, in the high school partially because his wife broke the promise but majorly because he had known and seen Tristyn Moore. Back in the time when Kai was the heir to the throne, he always saw girls talking about him, crowding around him and he knew well enough how he played with hearts of all girls.

But the major blow was how he even got a wife who was left heartbroken by him. He hated Tristyn and now he was after the only girl he ever loved. It's amazing how in an immortal life you can find only a single person to love and that was Iorwen for Kai.

Thankfully the girl was not head over heels for Tristyn and that eased his mind. But he suspected it was a matter of time till that happened since he was hell bent on trapping her. Anyone would, she was his only chance at breaking the curse.

He ran his fingers through his chocolate brown locks and sighed feeling nervous. Today was the first day when he will be meeting the girl and knowing her nature she will not even talk to him properly.

That brought a smile to his face, her nature was the thing that attracted him.

"Mr Arden, here is your time table for the class." He was handed the time table he spelled to make it similar to Iorwen.

English was the first class and he searched the crowd for her when finally his eyes found her. She was wearing a stripped t shirt and over it a denim jacket accompanied by a black jeans. She was always dressed like that, casually and comfortably.

He decided to do the centuries old trick, go ahead and bump into her.

"Watch where you go ass-hole!" She scolded.

He chuckled at her expected response.

"I am sorry, I was looking at the school map. I am new here." Kai said giving his best smile.

"Oh, I was just in a bad mood." She mumbled and totally ignored him.

It hit him when he realised that it was really hard to even get her attention.

"Can you help me find the next class?" He asked to keep up the conversation.

"Umm.. I don't think so." She said dully.

Iorwen was in a real bad mood since she vented her anger over anyone and everyone. It happened after her fight with Tristyn. She was angry at herself for being so easy and vulnerable when he was around and she yelled at him instead. She fought and argued and evil-mouthed some people but she was uneasy after her little fight with Tristyn.

Maybe it was because she knew he was already invisible and she was the only person who could see him.

"Oh, I am Kai by the way." He said trying to introduce himself.

"Awesome, can I go now." She said frowning at the new guy trying to talk to her.

What the hell is wrong with universe?

As she settled in the English class with Rachel, her eyes unintentionally looked for Tristyn but he was not there. It had been two days since she last saw him.

"Now class I am dividing you in pairs to complete a project on Macbeth or Julius Caesar. Choose the most attractive scene and I want you to list your opinion on how you could re write that scene." The English teacher Eva said.

As she announced the pair, Kai made sure that he was placed with Iorwen. Iorwen on other hand thought that she like always would be doing the project with Rachel.

"Haywell and Arden." As Ms. Eva said Iorwen's head jerked up in shock and anger.

"I want Rachel as my partner." She almost ordered.