thirteen: juliannas

thirteen: juliannas

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Ryland had left a few hours ago when her mother came to pick her up for a family reunion. She begged me to hide her, but there was nothing I could do. She tried hiding in my bathroom, but it didn't take much for her to run out of the bathroom and straight to the car. All it took was the threatening of donating her books.

Ryland is a major bookworm, which is definitely nothing to be ashamed of. She told me she turned her walk in closet into a little library as books align the wall top to bottom. I can only imagine the beautiful little haven.

I quite enjoy reading as well, but I think Ryland has me beat.

I shuffle back into my room after finishing my lunch Rosaline had made me. I thought about telling her about last night's encounter while I ate my delicious grilled cheese, but I held back. I don't know what stopped me, but I just couldn't tell her.

I sigh at the sight of my messy room. I hate when my room is a mess. I feel so gross and disorganized and dirty. Not that having a messy room implies those things; that's just how I feel. I may have slight OCD or something.

I start cleaning by picking up the sheets I had used to craft the fort and folded them neatly before packing them back in the linen closet. Grabbing the Christmas lights, I decide to hang them around my desk creating a little magical setting.

I love how the lights twinkle making everything feel magical and happy.

I finish off by throwing away wrappers and bags and cups that were used from our pig out. We had eaten pizza, candy, chips, and cake while watching many Disney films. Not to mention we went through two liters of Raspberry Ginger Ale.

It was so good.

Once my room is back to normal, I plop on my bed and turn Netflix on. I scan through my options and quickly settle for Hawaii Five-0. I love shows like these.

As McGarrett is saving Wo Fat from some gang, how ironic, my phone buzzes indicating I have a new text. With my eyes glued to the television, I use my hand to search my nightstand eventually finding my phone.

Glancing down at the old flip phone, I find that Jackson had texted me. A smile forms on my lips as I open the message.

From: Jackson

Hey, gorgeous. What're you doing today?

My stomach flutters at him calling me beautiful. He had done that a few times before and every time my stomach goes crazy.

To: Jackson

Hey, J. I'm not doing much. Just watching Netflix. :p

I quickly send my reply and focus back in my tv as I wait for a response.

From: Jackson

You maybe want to go to Julianna's with me for dinner?

My smile widens at the thought of another date. Last week Jackson and I had settled that going to the park was a date. Which I'm totally cool with.

To: Jackson

Sounds great! I would love to come.

I sit up in my bed with no focus on the television anymore.

From: Jackson

Sweet. I'll meet you there at five thirty?

To: Jackson